Hi, so here comes the 1st review of cotton pads. I have listed out all the cotton I have on hand HERE, and in this post I'm going to talk about the Muji unbleached one.
On the Muji Hong Kong website, I found the cotton description below. They offer 3 types of cotton - Cotton Puff (with stitches or pressed edge), Cut Cotton (loose layer of fibres) in white and unbleached, 2 different colours.
- Cotton Puff ($20 for 60pcs)
- Cut Cotton ($15 for 120pcs)
- Cut Cotton - Unbleached Big ($35 for 102pcs)
- Cut Cotton - Unbleached Small ($18 for 140pcs) ** will be reviewing this one **
- Cotton Puff ($15 for 129pcs)
For the information I have taken, I have already 2 questions:
- Except for the size and quantity, are Cotton Puff ($20 for 60pcs) and Cotton Puff ($15 for 129pcs) different in texture or build?
- Does anyone notice the dimension for Cut Cotton - Unbleached Small ($18 for 140pcs) is wrong? It should be 60x50mm
Anyway, My Review:
- Natural - not bleached
- Soft - doesn't drag or irritate skin
- Affordable - actually pretty reasonably-priced
- Packaging - clear zip-lock bag
- Shapeless - it is not pressed at the edge, hence the fibre just moves and cotton lose its shape very quickly
- Size - I find the squares a bit small for my taste
- Yes for lotion/water mask - soft and natural and easy to tear
- Not for applying lotion - lose its shape too easily.
- Not for removing make up or nail polish - soaks up too much liquid.
NO - Because I don't do lotion mask enough to justified this purchase.
Overall Rating: 2/5