Because this is gonna take forever and much longer - hence I'm just splitting up the skin care/make up part into another post. Make sure you've already read the Skin Care Post! Here are the body and hair stuff.
Body and Hair
*sorry for the messy order but I want to talk about the hair butter later*
- Tsubaki (Red) Hair Treatment - Nice stuff but very thick. I have difficulty squeezing it out! Although a little maybe enough for each usage, I am the crazy kind of consumer that like to apply a generous amount of everything. This smells good and leaves hair very soft - requires some effort to wash out but it's fine. However, I think I like their shampoo n conditioner more than this treatment. Perhaps I shall move on their Gold line next (LOVE!)
- Rating: 4/5 + Repurchase: No
- Etude House Fresh Nailwash Safe (nail polish remover) - Nothing special. Heavily fragrant and quite drying on the skin. Not super effective at removing polish, just mediocre product. I like my OPI and Kate removers much better.
- Rating: 2/5 + Repurchase: No
- Superdrug Tea Tree Sensitive (foaming wash) - Got this in local Watson's when they were having a clearance - now this is discontinued I believe (can't find on superdrug.com). I used this to wash my neck and back because I have tons of break-outs there year-round. Not bad.
- Rating: 4/5 + Repurchase? Impossible
- Read what I got in the swap here
- Boots Botanics Enlivening Body Polish - Sam sent me this in our swap a short while back. Pretty decent, not foaming, but fresh scented. The particles are effective and not overly abrasive. I wish the cream is thicker though.
- Rating: 3/5 + Repurchase? Maybe
- Read what I got in the swap here
- The Body Shop Hair Butter - I used up the shampoo and
conditioner last month - read HERE. This butter is nice. Moisturizes
well. I particularly like that its scent isn't too strong when I use it
in the shower. But the scent does linger quite a while - until the
other day - on my hair. ;) I will be good with another travel size,
but for the price in HK, I won't re-buy.
- Rating: 3/5 + Repurchase: Maybe
- Sanctuary Nourishing Kyphi Body Butter (link here) - I got a pack of 4 of these in a set a while ago. Used up the basic one (sanctuary orange lid body butter) and the other 3 just sit in my drawer until recently I dig them out... poor little babies... Anyway. This formula is very nice, good for me esp when I need something more than just lotion now. This particular scent smells like nothing to me - most probably because it has expired? LOL.
- Rating: 2/5 + Repurchase? Cannot.
- **Note: The original 'body butter' was great, except for the price and the amount of petroleum in it - I always think petroleum is not bad but should products containing so much petroleum be less expensive?**
- Mande Lular Sensuous Body Souffle - This is the one of the 2 that are still for sale on the Santuary website - the other being the orange lid body butter. In fact it has a soothing and soft creamy scent. The souffle formula is very light and well-whipped but doesn't give me enough moisture now. I like this scent and if possible I will like to try something else form this line~*
- Rating: 3/5 + Repurchase? Probably not.
- **Note: Mande Lular link here**
- Bidadari Shimmering Body Souffle - As the name tells, this has shimmers in it. Shimmers are gold and fine, but don't appeal to me (doesn't bother me either). I don't show much of my skin in winter anyway. The smell is a little 'oriental' and surprisingly soothing, in my opinion. Similar to the Mande Lular mentioned above, the Souffle is not heavy duty enough, so I mixed in some Vaseline white tub 'moisture locking' cream when I apply it after shower at night.
- Rating: 3/5 + Repurchase? Cannot.
- **Note: Bidadari link here**
- Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Shampoo - More like a summer shampoo to me. It is designed for all hair types and is a refreshing, foamy, organic, not-drying formula. Nice stuff, smells like tea-tree with mint to me.
- Rating: 4/5 + Repurchase? Meh, quite expensive!
- Korean 呂 Purple Conditioner (scalp care) - Got this in Korea in June'11. The set comes in 2 big 2 small shampoos, and after our really difficult conversation with the saleslady, she managed to throw in 1 small conditioner in. I like this line a lot - smells very sweetly oriental herbal (weird description) - conditions nicely -leaves hair soft and good-smelling.
- Rating: 5/5 + Repurchase? yes.
- Bioglo Red Ginseng Body Scrub - One of my favourites body scrubs. Smells lovely, applies very easily, exfoliates effectively, leaves skin super soft, is cheap! The particles inside (walnut?) are generously packed, and very gritty like sand - I love!
- Rating: 4/5 + Repurchase? Yes! I have at least 4 back-ups!
- Wolo Bath Oil - When my skin was bad, mild rashes and ezcema, when I was a kid, my mum always bought me Wolo Bran Shower Cream to use, it is a non-foamy pale orange fragrance-free lotion thing. I don't use that anymore because I love good smelling bubbly showers :P The humidity was so low in Dec that I had to dig out this bath oil to use, I use it on wet body and rinse it off when it turns milky. It says 'bath oil' but really it also says 'use in shower' also, at the back. Leaves skin very very soft and fresh-smelling (a slight grassy note in my opinion). Love this!
- Rating: 4/5 + Repurchase? Yes if I confirm I don't have anymore bath oils!
So that's it. 4 full size and 8 travel sizes. Not bad, eh? :P