Monday, 28 May 2012
This is a very random post partly related to beauty, partly not.
One - A random short review on Biore body wash. I found this when I was doing routine check of my bathroom cupboard and decided to get this moving. I emptied the content of "MOISTURE" as refill to my family toilet's hand soap bottle. It isn't a scent I personally like and the body wash is not particularly "moisturizing". "MILD" is the scent I like, and acceptably moisturizing in the current humidity, hence it is in my shower now. "REFRESH" smells refreshingly of apple, but extremely drying on the skin, this shall serve the handsoap refill purpose well. :P
Two - There's only a couple days left before I go on a short vacation to Tokyo. So I'll probably have no uploads for quite some time. When I'm back, expect to see at least a few posts, namely i) May Acquired ii) May Empties iii) False Lashes Haul iv) Shiro Haul v) Tokyo Haul
Sunday, 27 May 2012
Friday, 25 May 2012
This post is also gonna be part II of my Empties/Review post in May.
Before going into the different masks and their short reviews (with dozens of my silly faces)... I would like to share some notes on me using sheet masks:
- Time I do mask is usually after shower, at night. Face is cleansed and/or exfoliated and/or toned.
- Sometimes I add a layer of facial serum, some eye cream, and lip balm before the mask.
- I unfold and apply the mask. Starting from the middle of 2 eyes and nose, I place it down and then stretch the forehead - side of my nose - around the mouth.
- If there is a plastic insert with the mask, I apply the side without the insert on my face, and then peel off the insert. The plastic insert is supposed to help you unfold the sheet mask without breaking the sheet. *For illustration of plastic insert please see below!*
- Referring to the above point, if there are 2 inserts of course I remove 1 prior to placing on my face!
- I press the mask in place as fitted as possible, then I spend time on laptop.
- As I'm using my eyesight during the 'mask-ing' session, usually I don't use the 'eye-lid' even if the mask sheet has that cutting. Personal preference.
- If my hands are free, e.g. while I watch youtube, I massage my face in whatever motion subconsciously, while the mask is still on.
- After the designated time, from 5min to 20min depending on the mask really, I check with my eyes and fingers if the mask is still very wet. If so, I let it sit a little longer, until I feel like taking it off.
- After I take it off, I crumble up the mask, and use that to massage my neck, arms, back of hands, etc.
- Mask is then discarded.
- If mask requires wash-off, like the Silk Whitia ones, which I am too lazy to be fond of, I go splash my face with water. Pat my face dry with a big towel, then tone and continue with skin care, again.
- Otherwise, after mask, I just do eye serum - face serum - eye cream - face cream - lip balm.
1 - before. 2 - out of the package. 3 - 1st insert removed. 4 - 2nd insert half removed.
5 - mask on. 6 - close up. 7 - the 2 inserts and the mask removed. 8 - after.
Tuesday, 22 May 2012
Saturday, 19 May 2012
Friday, 18 May 2012
Thursday, 17 May 2012
Full Name: Benico x Hello Kitty Petit Macaron Can Cheeks
Walked into a Sasa, saw the above almost brand new display with testers, swatched, and then took some really poor quality pictures. They are sold at hkd$99 (usd$13) each. Inside the can/tin, there is a pan of blush of course, a clear plastic divider, and a mini puff. The design is similar to the Majolica Majorca release (link to their official web, they have new colour release this season!) (external link to Project Vanity's post on the old ones a few seasons back). Biggest difference I notice is, these 4 shades are way brighter than the Majolica Majorca ones.
Extra info I can read from the packaging is
Tuesday, 15 May 2012
Tagged by two of my amazing fellow blogger pals to do this tag. So here I go...
Make sure to read both of their posts. They are kind (enough to tag me) and beautiful (enough for me to seduce me do this tag)... :P
Ari's Post // Liz's Post
Get To Know Me Tag
The rules are... (Feel free to follow or add more XD)
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, as well as, creating your own eleven for the people you will tag.
3. Choose eleven people and link them in your blog.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs.
6. You legitimately have to tag.
1. I'm currently obsessed with the Kao steam eye mask pictured above. I go through these like nothing else.
2. The camera 'lens' or photo effect I am currently obsessed with is called Valentine Martini.
3. I wear jeans about 5-7 days a week.
4. 70% of the times I pair them with my dirty Converse, 30% with flats.
5. I work and play with my old model Fujitsu S series lifebook. 5 years, still going strong. Planning to get a replacement though 'cause I can afford it - yea, hate me LOL.
6. I love pickled ginger - the pink Chinese ones or the pale yellow Japanese ones.
7. I can sleep 12 hours non-stop. Probably even longer but I rarely afford the time to experiment...
8. 9 out of 10 posts posted here are scheduled at 1 or 2 days interval because this is the way I publish.
9. Currently reading 'the girl who plays with fire', book 2 of 'girl with dragon tattoo'. Good read. Reading slowly though.
10. I am addicted to sniffing my boyfriend.
11. I am vulnuerable to finishing packets of chocolate or chips the moment I open the pack, no matter of the size.
Questions by Ari!
Sunday, 13 May 2012
Saturday, 12 May 2012
Friday, 11 May 2012
Fellow beauty blogger mimika (her blog) asked if I can share my views on some Laneige skin care products. Of course I said yes, and then I went digging for the Laneige stuff in my stash. Turned out, I don't have too many, so this is gonna be a short and sweet little series. :D
Thursday, 10 May 2012
Wednesday, 9 May 2012
Mai (her blog) from Australia contacted me and asked for a swap. I custom-purchased some Shu Uemura and loads of nail polishes as she's an addict. :P On the other hand, I requested some Australian items which I have heard a lot of good reviews of, but can't get.
Tuesday, 8 May 2012
Monday, 7 May 2012
The outcome is not totally unacceptable, 'coz I still think it resembles around 50%ish of the face chart... However, I don't own the correct lip colour #FashionMews, and the mascara I used sucks/sucked - I was too lazy that night to play with falsies. Hence, I call this a fail.
Sunday, 6 May 2012
Friday, 4 May 2012
Another day, another round of insane shopping tripsssss. Most of the items I got are make up because I'm on a Project 20 skin care and Project 20 body and hair... I know I am sick, but not as 'serious' when I re-purchased the white L'Oreal shadow without noticing. Oh my. I over-spent a few folds than my monthly budget. :S
Wednesday, 2 May 2012
Tuesday, 1 May 2012
Yay - another random title made up with the colour names! This post is just another Nail Combo trying out 3 new nail polishes - out of which, 1 love, 2 disappointments...