Yay - another random title made up with the colour names! This post is just another Nail Combo trying out 3 new nail polishes - out of which, 1 love, 2 disappointments...
The cover picture was taken under daylight with my DSLR, while the following one is taken the night before, with artificial lighting, using iPhone4.
I didn't choose these 3 shades to go together - it was J5's decision - but I did decide how to wear this combo, i.e. which goes on which nail, etc.
A few words/review on the colours I used will follow; pics are taken under daylight, with DSLR also. Didn't bother to do white balance whatsoever, but the background should be a white envelope for your reference.
Butter London Black Knight (in the cover pic, ring finger is solely this shade)
- semi-opague charcoal grey gloss as a base
- multiple colours glitters - pink, blue, red, etc
- flimpsy brush
- polish in gritty texture
- doesn't dry to a shiny finish
- not stunning
China Glaze, Smoke and Ashes (in the cover pic, middle finger base colour)
- dark green with a hint of charcoal, not much different from black
- very fine forest green shimmer, maybe also some blue-green ones
- dries to a semi-metallic, semi-suede finish
- kind of dull
Deborah Lippmann, Happy Birthday (covering entire index, half-middle, entire little finger)
- clear base
- 2 sizes of hexagon glitters
- multi colour glitters - silver, gold, green, blue, pink, red
- reminds me of confetti, but more interesting
- dry smooth and fast
- makes any nail colour more fun and sophisticated
I'm not a big fan of dark nail polishes that look too similar to black on my nails. Black is not a shade I like to wear on my nails. Butter London polishes have quite a lot of good reviews online, so perhaps I just didn't get a good bottle, or this shade is not particularly well-formulated. Smoke and Ashes is the 1st shade that disappoint me in the Capitol Colours collection, hopefully the last, 'coz I still have 5 more shades to try out. ;) Happy Birthday is really lovely - I'm thinking of NOT returning this to my girlfriend - at least not until I get bored with it! XD
Lazy silly Jacq :")