The month began with a pretty random trip to a Lancome counter, followed by a massive book fair gifts haul, a blog sale shopping, some preparation purchases for my Taiwan holiday, free samples and souvenirs received, and some cheap brushes and tools. If any of these interests you, be prepared of the overload of pictures and products below and please read on.
At the Lancome counter - the IFC Lane Crawford one to be exact - I spotted the Lancome Effacernes Longue Tenue Long-Lasting Softening Concealer in shade 02 Beige Sable. It is the only shade the local counters carry. I remember reading good things regarding the Lancome concealers and I have never tried any of them. So I went ahead and tested it, liked it, and asked for a tube. The colour is slightly peachy and works nicely as a under-eye brightener before or replacing concealers.
The saleslady then told me, with purchase of 2 or more products, they are giving out a nice trial set. She persuaded me to try out their new lipsticks, the very popular Rouge in Loves, but I'm not 'that' into expensive lipsticks. Hence she offered me scotch tape for testing out nail polishes. I swatched all of them on the tape, stuck on the back of my hand, and picked one lovely rosy pink, which I know my sister Jen would love too! Complaint: the full size Lancome nail polish is TINY. It is a mere frigging 6ml. An Essie mini is nearly as big as that!
So, as my purchase includes also the Vernis In Love Fade-Resistant Gloss Shine in #343B Rose Pitimini, I was gifted the samples set. Listed as below:
- Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector
- Renergie Lift Volumetry Advanced Lifting Beauty Lotion
- Renergie Lift Volumetry Advanced Lifting and Shaping Cream
- Renergie Lift Volumetry Yeux Advanced Lifting and Firming Eye Cream
- Rouge In Love High Shine n Color Featherlight in #360B Rose Boudoir *any idea how to use this sample?*
Random note: the beauty lotion and cream are made in japan, lipstick sample made in usa, while the rest are made in france. interesting.
Book fair gifts haul.
Usually I visited the book fair for 2 main reasons. I shop for discounted English publications or beauty/fashion/design books. I also subscribe to fashion/beauty magazines for their amazing deals. The magazine publishers attract new subscribers with big discounts, e.g. 40% off 1 year or 2 year subscription, AND a whole lot of expensive gifts. Some send out perfumes, jewellery, handbags, accessories. Others do skin care, make up, nails, body products, etc.
This year, at the book fair, I subscribed to two Chinese-translation of Japanese magazines, Vivi and GLA. But surprisingly, at another local publisher which sells novels and 'real' books, I also obtained free gifts of hair conditioners and sunscreens... funny?!
Anyway, so I acquired:
- 5 tubes - Hada Labo Air UV Make Up Base/Primer SPF30 PA+++ 肌研極輕透防曬隔離乳 *English translation by Jacq*
- 5 tubes - Pantene Milky Treatment Conditioner
- YMCK nail polish in 046 Fandango
- YMCK nail polish in 037 Somewhere in Time
- YMCK three way buffer (link) *there are 3 different roughness of sandpaper on this buffer, namely 240/800/3000*
- Lancome UV Expert GN Shield Triple Potency Protect-Correct-Cover BB Complete SPF 50 PA+++ *made in france*
- Orlane Super-Moisturizing Light Cream
- 33 samples - Mentholatum Sunplay Skin Aqua Silky BB Cream SPF25 PA+++ *yes, 33 as in thirty-three*
At Meredith nycmakeuplover1's blog sale, I finally got myself a TARTE Amazonian clay long-wear blush in Flush! It is a deep raspberry colour and not the easiest for me to carry, but I still LOVE it! I have a FOTD/face sketch look to share wearing this with a lighter pink on my cheeks, stay tuned for that in Blogust. ;) Other things I got:
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio in #380B Walking on Eggshells *very natural, wearable*
- Nars Multiple Tint in Turks n Caicos
- Sheer Cover Duo Concealer in Light/Medium *very creamy and good match for my skin colourings*
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Single *the label is broken, so I guess it could be #256B Envy*
Meredith was very generous and included a good few samples for me to try, they are:
- DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
- Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Corrective Serum
- One Bath n Body Natural Shea Butter Lip Balm in Cherry Pie
- Chanel Vitalumiere Moisture-rich Radiance Fluid Makeup SPF15 in #35 Soft Bisque *I guess this would be too dark for me, plus, is this discontinued already?*
- Chanel Perfection Lumiere Long-wear Flawless Fluid Makeup SPF10 in #30 Beige *I hope this colour works!*
Finally, a lovely note from Meredith because I was technically her first blog sale customer! :D
Before my Taiwan holiday trip, I went a little crazy in a local Mannings and picked up several items I thought I would bring on my trip. (and then I didn't)...
- Hada Senka Mineral UV SPF50 PA+++
- Hada Senka Mineral UV SPF27 PA++
- Vichy Purifying Foaming Water for sensitive skin *gosh it is pink!*
- Vichy Eau Thermale *in a very pretty designed can*
Random bits I picked up from Aster, Watson's and Sasa.
- Clinique Gel Blush in #02 New Clover
- Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie in strawberry bliss
- Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie in goodness grapecious
- 2 box - Rilakkuma Japanese Caviar Essence Q10 Whitening Mask 日本魚子精華Q10美白面膜 *Translated by Jacq* (Simply Beauty, a Taiwan factory made these)
- Kracie Naive Facial Cleansing Foam with Peach Leaf *make up removal + face cleansing*
- Kracie Naive Facial Cleansing Foam with Tea Leaf *make up removal + face cleansing + pore cleansing*
For these junks, I blame mycherrylane! When I went shopping for her - we're doing a swap - I can't decide what to get so I got more than what I sent. Hence these....
- A mirror I got for free with purchase
- 3 - Kiehl's clear pouch *I thought these are clean and neat*
- Vaseline Lip Therapy in Cherry
- Oralabs Essential Extra Moisture SPF15 Almond Swirl Lip Balm *these were cheaper to get in twos, so I got myself an almond while getting Kiran a cherry one*
- OMI Pure Color Moist n Color Lip Cream in Pink Beige
- Mentholatum Water Colour in #04 Kissy Pink
- Koji Dolly Wink Eyelash Fix in Black
- 2 - Koji Eyelash Fix in White *it dries clear*
- Providence Beauty Watermelon Hydrating n Tender Mask
- Providence Beauty Strawberry Pore Purifying Mask *never heard of nor tried this brand before, but I got Kiran a cherry mask, so I though I would give the other 2 fruits a try...*
Free samples obtained at Chanel counter, and a Taiwan souvenir from my family.
- 2 - Chanel UV Essentiel Multi-Protection Daily Care SPF50 PA+++
- 2 - Chanel Le Blanc Whitening Concentrate Continuous Action TXC
- Just Herb Chamomile HeadEase Balm
Another haul from Taobao. I wanted some tools and brushes for my artistry use, so I went on and order a bunch. These are really cheap and quality not bad at all!
- 2 sets - Palette and Spatula
- 2 - soft blending brush *similar to Chanel #12 or MAC #224*
- set of 5 eye brushes
- 2 - beauty blender dupes
- 3 - 10 pairs of assorted style false lashes in Glamorous/Thick, Natural/Thin, and Lower Lashes
The shop so generously threw in a big lot of freebies:
- Extreme falsies
- Contact Lens Case
- Synthetic Eye Brush
- Key Chain
- Mini Tweezers
- Lavender shade, Cream Face Makeup
- A big pack of wedge sponges
From another store, I also ordered something to play with hair...
- Heat rollers and clips
- "Dry" rollers with foam centre part in Large, Medium and Small sizes
- Hair twisting foam sticks
- Fake Braids Hair band
THE END. Congratulations for reading to this far. Make sure you have entered my Blogust Giveaway, and please comment below if you have any questions or requests!
Lazy silly Jacq :")