In view of my uncontrollable sized collection of make up, I have decided to chop off my lipsticks in batches, and palette-ize them. My first palette consists of lipsticks I use the least often, and the oldest, as I was not sure how the process will turn out. I thought if the project fails, I can still get away with trashing this palette. Anyway. Now this is done and pretty satisfactory. Despite the content is a bit old, I think I can still give these lippies some good uses before I bid farewell to them.
1. A bunch of lipsticks. My palette has 24 wells so I sorted out 24 tubes.
2. A clean palette. I bought mine at a craft store, which sells these to hold beads and hooks. Cost me around US$3. I wiped the interior of it carefully with alcohol wipes.
3. A cup, a spatula, and alcohol. I filled the cup full of alcohol (percentage high enough to kill bacteria), and dip every single lipstick in the cup before I scoop the bullet into the palette. Spatula is helpful to push the bullet down into the palette, as well as spooning out the remaining lipstick 'residue' in the tube.
4. Cotton buds, or Q-tips. Used these to clean up the edges of different wells, as that can be pretty messy.
How I organized my palette:
Before dipping the bullets into the cup of alcohol, I swatched every one of them on my arm, to check their shades and finish. As this time I picked my lipsticks based on how rare I used them, instead of their colour family, the palette looked kind of random.
I tried to put the brighter ones on the right, and duller ones on the left. Top is warmer and bottom is cooler. But it is not definite as I move on, I kind of didn't give a damn. :P Anyway, just a brief rundown of what colours are there in my palette, for a record.
- Estee Lauder, All-Day Lipstick #All-Day Caffe Latte
- Daiso Winmax, Blue Aqua Lipstick #6
- Daiso Winmax, Blue Aqua Lipstick # 7
- Boots Natural Collection, Sheer Natural Lipstick #Sorbet
- Boots Natural Collection, Moisture Shine Lipstick #Rose Petal
- Daiso Ellefar, Round Lipstick #L25
- NYC, Ultra Moist Lipwear #301 Cafe
- L'Oreal, Color Riche #800 Fairest Nude
- Estee Lauder, Signature Hydra Lustre Lipstick #09 Venetian Rose
- Daiso Ellefar, Square Lipstick #W23
- Daiso Ellefar, Square Lipstick #W21
- Clinique, High Impact SPF15 #12 Red-y to Wear
- Clinique, Different Lipstick #Tenderheart
- Clinique, Different Lipstick #Shy
- L'Oreal, Color Riche #516 Secret Garden
- Maybelline, Water Shine Hyper Diamonds #05 Orchid Prism
- Shiseido PN, Round Lipstick #RS214
- Daiso Ellefar, Square Lipstick #W25
- Shiseido PN, Round Lipstick #BR317
- Bourjois, Vitamin Lipstick #Brown (label missing)
- Bourjois, Vitamin Lipstick #55 Cassis Blackcurrant
- Daiso Winmax, Blue Aqua Lipstick #9
- Shiseido PN, Round Lipstick #PK327
- Shiseido PN, Colour Lipstick #PK390
Hope this is helpful to somebody. Thx for reading!
Lazy silly Jacq :")