Early this week, my friend had an appointment with me to do her make up. She sent me some inspiration images, and I figured why not try it on myself first?
Basically the eyes focused on bringing the eye-line down, slightly winging the lower eye line downwards, which sort of make the eyes more innocent. We usually do upper wings to look cat-like naughty and flirty. But the downward style is the opposite. Drag our eye shape down and drop our lethality. If done correctly, can actually make your eyes rounder, more kawaii (cute) and young looking. :P
Colours of the inspiring look are gold and subtle copper. I tried to stick to that and made some adjustments. For the lashes, I wore pretty natural elegant straight top falsies, and skipped the lower falsies, purely due to running out of time.
(sorry, I didn't know the image source...)
After 6 hours, with artificial lighting:
(I was doing some lip design experimentation, so please ignore the lips...)
(Obviously I did change my lip colour at night, and I touched up with some powder foundation. But the eyes was un-touched up, impressive! Also, I didn't use any cheek/ contour products.... face is round and flat at its max)
- Chantecaille, Just Skin Anti-Smog Tinted Moisturizer SPF15 #Alabaster
- YSL, Touche Eclat #2 - under eyes
- Suqqu, Dual Effect Powder Foundation #102
- Kanebo Kate, Metallic Eyes 4 Color Eyeshadow Palette 2012 Limited Edition #BR-1 Gold Brown - the lightest shade as eyeshadow base and brow highlight, the darkest to blend out eyeliner
- Sleek Make Up, the Original Palette - the lower row's gold, rose gold and bronze mixed
- Kiss Me, Liquid Eyeliner
- Urban Decay, 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils #Lucky - lower waterline
- Rock n Republic, Extremist Mascara
- Koji, Spring Heart #06 Elegant Long
- Yves Rocher, Plumping Sheer Gloss #01 Frambroise
This is not a long post, but I do hope I can keep posting FOTD on Fridays, hope you like it!
|sanity was gone when i take self portrait with my phone. sigh.|
Lazy silly Jacq :")