This first week has been so far so productive. Let's begin with my lovely cousin, Honor. :)
Honor has nice skin, so after her face is cleansed, I prepped it with a little moisturising toner, and a thin layer of fast-absorbed moisturiser. With a sponge, in small dabbing motion, I applied a brightening liquid foundation all over her face. An extra layer was applied to her cheeks and nose for added coverage. To set the foundation, I used a brush to pat a light pressed powder all over her face.
Reflection: I could have use a pore diminishing primer underneath the foundation.
1st Look: Heavy liner
For the 1st look, I did a steel/ grey thick liner with an elongated shape. Not particularly winged. I looked at several images of 佳人 from the Korean Pop group "Brown Eyed Girls" and took some inspirations from there.
Brows were groomed with a grey powder and a light grey pencil. Lids and lower lids were prep-ed and primed with a liquid primer. White sheen on the brow bone. Soft taupe brown on the lids. Eyeliner shape was sketched and filled in with steel black pencil, and then set with the shimmery black (name "northern" in the palette). Later I blended some grey ("platform") mixed with silver ("jubilee") to add dimension.
Lashes were coated with a layer of dry mascara.
Reflection: The two eyes didn't look perfectly identical. Local make up artists rely on double eyelid tape a lot, to alter or adjust the shapes of eyes. On Honor, I didn't use any this time. The uneven sizes of eyes give her face some uniqueness/ character. Of course, next time I could also play with the tape to see how it looks! (note: I use "alter" and "adjust" instead of "correct" because I don't think it is a man-made nor God-made mistake)
For the cheeks, I used a cream highlight, topped off with a slight bronze shiny powder. Honor's skin tone is so pale that even the MSF in Shimpagne adds colour!
For blush I did a very subtle minor contouring with a dusty neutral shade, blended out with a light brown with a hint of pink by Canmake. To add a little sweetness I popped a tiny bit of reddish coral on.
Reflection: Lighting was indeed important when doing makeup! I didn't notice the minor scarring on Honor's cheeks before I applied foundation, hence I didn't use a filling/ refining face primer. Also, if I knew, I would have put on less highlight.
Finally, lips were primed with a lip conditioner, and nude lipstick was applied with a brush. No extra gloss was used.
2nd Look - With a colourful twist
Upper liner was darkened with a gel liner. I add some fun green to her lower lashline. A light green from the Original Palette went on the inner 1/3, and a darker green from the Glory palette (shade name: district) went to the remaining 2/3.
I gave Honor a bright orange lips that would be a nice contrast to the green on her eyes. An orange liner was used to fill in her lips, orange lipstick from my palette (top right corner!) applied with a brush. Topped off with a bronze lipgloss (the left in the picture above).
FINAL FINISHED LOOK
List of items used, in the order of appearance of this post, not in the order of application:
- Clinique, Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief (Gel-Creme)
- 自白肌 Super Moist Lotion with Hyaluronic Acid (if anyone knows its English name, please advice, I'd translate it to "Monologue Skin")
- Stila, Sheer Pressed Powder #Medium
- Lancome, Teint Miracle Natural Light Creator Bare Skin Perfection #O-015 (owned by Honor)
- Shiseido, Brow Pencil #Gray
- Momo, Eyebrow Powder #02 (I only used the grey side)
- MAC, Prep + Prime Vibrancy Eye Primer
- Colour Sense Shimmer Glide Eyeliner #46065 (it doesn't have a colour name but I would call it Steel Wings)
- MAC, Matte Eyeshadow #Taupe Note
- MAC, Frost Eyeshadow #White Frost
- Sleek Makeup, i-Divine Mineral Based Eyeshadow Palette #Glory
- The Etude House, Code B Strong Eyes Cream Liner #2 Secret Black
- Maybelline, Volum Express Waterproof Mascara Hypercurl #Black
- Jemma Kidd Make Up School, Dewy Glow All Over Radiance Creme #01 Iced Gold
- MAC, Mineralize Skin Finish #Shimpagne
- Lavshuca, Cheek Color #RD-1
- Sleek Makeup, Blush #Suede
- Canmake, Blush #PW14
- Daiso, Round Lipstick #L25 - from My DIY lipstick palette, post on that soon, I hope :P
- MAC, Cremesheen lipstick #Nude Scene
- MAC, Lip Conditioner
- Sleek Makeup, i-Divine Mineral Based Eyeshadow Palette #Original
- Gosh, Velvet Touch Eye Liner #002 Girl Power (yes it is an eye liner)
Thank you for reading!!!!!
Lazy silly Jacq :")