Dorothy was a friend I met in University through Catholic Society. She's a rather quiet, down to earth, girl-next-door girl. She doesn't wear make up regularly, and is interested to see how she would look like with make up applied.
A Perfect Canva. To begin with, and to summarize this make up experiment, her skin is amazing. Near porcelain and baby-butt soft (no offence). Not even pores or blackheads on nose!
Tricky thing. Dorothy's eyebrow are thick. This is a good, very good thing, as brows I have seen and touched are often tending towards to sparse side. These are thick and dark, so probably only need some brushing and at most clear mascara. However, I didn't pay enough time grooming/trimming them this time, so will probably need to get back to these next time. No worries though, perfect arch aren't achieved in one tweeze.
Envy. Mono lids are common among us Asian/Chinese, I myself have semi-mono lids (or hidden double lids). But Dorothy's lashes are thick and long. Especially her lower lashes. Even fuller than falsies!
Results? I started off with a simple everyday neutral look (in my definition anyway), and then transformed that into a blue tone mermaid-ish look. And finally a green forest fairy hybrid of some sort. It was fun.
Next time? I am afraid pastels would work better for her fair complexion than heavy metal. So perhaps I shall pack some baby turquoise, mustard green and milky lavender hues to try on her next time! :D
First look, neutral and sweet:
Second Look, Cool but Calm:
(sorry, no full face shot of this look was approved by Dorothy...)
Third Look, Fair Fairy in the Forest:
- 自白肌, Super Moist Lotion with Hyaluronic Acid
- MAC, Oil Control Lotion
- Biotherm, White D-Tox BB (Dorothy's) - I believe this is in one shade only. Used all over as base/foundation.
- Stila, Sheer Pressed Powder #Medium - to set the base make up
- Maybelline, Mineral Pure Concealer #01 (Dorothy's) - a tiny bit under the eyes.
- Muji, Blush RK A #01
- Gosh, Brow Kit #001 - only the wax to groom eyebrows
- Momo, Eyebrow Powder #02 - the darker side just to fill in a few gaps
- MAC, Prep + Prime Vibrancy Eye Primer
- Bourjois, Metallic Eyeliner #51 Noir Effet Miroir - to sketch out lid area
- Catrice, Absolute Eye Colour #450 Oh, It's Toffeeful! - layered over the bourjois pencil for a beautiful satin finish. I love this combo
- Catrice, Absolute Eye Colour #340 Ooops...Nude Did It Again! - brow bone highlight
- Clinique, High Impact Mascara (Dorothy's)
- MAC, Lip Conditioner
- Mentholatum, Water Colour #Sparkle Wild Coral (Dorothy's) - a very sheer and glossy peach colour. lovely on!
- Red Earth, Hydrating Lip Gloss #Coral Coral
(I didn't wiped off the previous eyeshadow)
- MAC, Frost Eyeshadow #White Frost - as a highlight around inner corners
- Sleek Makeup, Divine Mineral Based Eyeshadow Palette #594 The Original - the two blues in the middle of the top row
- Sephora, Maniac Liner #12 Miel Dement - for lips
- YSL, Rouge Volupte #7 Lingerie Pink
- Sleek Makeup, Pout Polish #964 Peach Perfection
(I wiped off some of the previous blue eyeshadow with some cleansing water)
- Etat Pur, Micellar Cleansing Water
- Bourjois, Contour Clubbing Waterproof #43 Green Insomniak - as a base on the upper lid
- Bourjois, Metallic Eyeliner #56 Fil d'or
- MAC, Satin Eyeshadow #Juxt
- MAC, Frost Eyeshadow in #Steamy
- MAC, Beauty Powder #Shell Pearl - as highlight on cheeks
- Lavshuca, Cheek Colour #RD-2 (Dorothy's)
- MAC, Cremesheen Lipstick #Nude Scene
As always, comments and questions are welcome! :) Thx for reading~~~~~
Lazy silly Jacq :")