To be frank, I was not a big fan of fashion weeks. Not only because I'm a little passive about fashion, but also because I really like make up more than garments. I appreciate the total look more than the dresses themselves, and most of the times, the make up and hair do not get enough coverage from the press. That's until I found a seasonal magazine called In Beauty. It is published in Taiwan, where I bought mine. They compile all the make up looks from Paris Haute Couture, Paris, London, Milan and New York fashion weeks every season. Close-ups. Hair. There began my interests in fashion weeks. If you're interested, perhaps you can visit their website www.instyle-fashion.com.tw for further - I don't work for them and have no idea how they run.
The copy I have in hand is Issue 9 for Autumn/Winter 12. Last month I re-created on Jen - link - the statement eyeliner look from London Fashion Week AW12 - Mary Katrantzou's show. Here I copy another one of the AW12. A look from the Paris Haute Couture Week AW12 - Versace Show.
My Favourite Shot:
I invited my fiance to shoot a few shots for me as I am a little bored of always talking selfie. I was also a bit exhausted after doing this make up, weird.
Out of the dozens he took, this was the best I feel, that captured the bright skin and eye shape.
In case you're not familiar with how I look like, here is a weird image with black waterline and 1 side started with eyeshadow. XD
More 'after make up' pictures will follow after I discussed about the products used.
What I Used:
- Inglot, Under Makeup Base - silicon base gel. not a big fan of.
- Clinique, Supermoisture Makeup #64 Cream Beige (M-G) - one of my favourite foundation to mimic perfect flawless dewy base with the illusion of 'my skin is well taken care of' or 'i have had 10 hour sleep'.
- YSL, Touche Eclat #2 - under the eyes as I currently have bad dark circles.
- The Balm, Mary-lou Manizer - instead of pressed powder, I used this highlighter all over my face to set the make up, as I wanted a full on GLOW.
- *no blush or contour, true to the images I have*
- Lavshuca, Powder Compact Eyebrow #LB-1
- Mio Piccolo, Brow Mascara #LB - light brown tint on brows
- Nars, Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base - nice stuff.
- Burberry Beauty, Sheer Eye Shadow #06 Almond - crease colour. the most amazing matte brown in the world. not my everyday socket/ crease colour as this is too dark for that purpose; but for this look, perfect.
- Illamasqua, Neutral Palette - #Stealth, a pale cream as brow bone highlight. #Vintage is my lid/ main colour, extraordinarily beautiful brown shimmer. #Wolf is the black I used around lash line and outer corner.
- Urban Decay, 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil #Zero - Waterline, lash line, thick and messily.
- Gold eyeshadow from 72 shimmer palette - highlight inner corners.
- Dolly Wink, Lash Glue
- False Lashes - one set from Daiso, one set from Bonjour. They don't have a brand and I threw away their packaging.
- MAC, Cremesheen Lipstick #Creme D' Nude - I didn't use the lipstick palette in the end.
Images of the eyes:
My left face:
My Right Face:
Lashes Removed: (a better view of the eyeshadow placement)
Lazy silly Jacq :")