Monday, 8 October 2012
Liebster Award - 8th Blogtober
Thank you Liz for awarding me and hence tagging me. Liz is an expert in Japanese (and international brands) make up. Many amazing reviews and even more amazing swatches on her blog - link. On the other hand, I realised I have never gone around doing Hannah's 11 question tag (sorry for the 8-month wait), which is basically the same thing, I will link you to her lovely blog as well - link.
The rules: Use them as a guideline, but you don't have to follow them to the T, I know I'm not :P
1) Post 11 facts about yourself. - OK
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create 11 questions for people you’ve nominated. - Answered.
3) Choose 11 people to give this award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them in your post. - Sorry I'm too lazy to tag.
4) Go to their page and tell them. - Is it too cruel to end this tag in my blog!?
5) Remember, no tag backs. - I ain't going to tag :P
11 facts about Jacq:
1. I swim and I'm good at it. Used to be in the school team. Could do all 4 styles, but now on my own, I only do freestyle and breaststroke.
2. Soy milk is fine. But I don't understand coffee with soy. Coffee should be with dairy, cream, whole fat, and whipped cream on top.
3. I love fruits and vegetables. There aren't many that I don't eat, one of them being lychee.
4. Got the first pair of Converse at the age of 22, a matching 'couple' shoes with my boyfriend. They were white Jack Purcells, his were black. Last week we both purchased a new pair of updated style, and this time we both got them in black.
5. Never permed my hair. Dyed it now and then though. I have naturally thin (little in amount) hair so I fear perming it will cause excessive hair loss.
6. Love cooking, hate dish-washing.
7. Love doing laundry, hate ironing.
8. Cannot stand deodorant in the aerosol can form. I feel like I breathe in more than I put on. The mild roll on or sticks are my best friend.
9. Used to play piano. Don't understand the wind/brass instrument as I am flat-chested (I have small lungs). Not like string either. Percussion, on the other hand, seems fun!
10. I like travelling, even within my own city. If I were not an electronic engineer, I could be a mechanic. Vehicles and transportation fascinate me.
11. I like mooncakes, despite they are overloaded with lard and egg yolks. Ouch.
1. Which beauty brands Fall/Winter collections are you looking forward to the most?
Some of these are released, just that I don't have the $ nor time to get yet:
a) Illamasqua, Generation Q http://www.illamasqua.com/shop/collections/generation-q/
b) MAC, Pressed Pigment from Face and Body Collection! HK doesn't sell the FnB foundation currently, but I shall be getting my first Face and Body Foundation from UK very soon. Excited! http://www.temptalia.com/mac-face-body-collection-for-fall-2012
c) Tarte, Holiday Collection http://www.temptalia.com/tarte-holiday-2012-collection
d) Tom Ford, Fall 2012 http://www.temptalia.com/tom-ford-beauty-for-fall-2012
2. What's the last beauty product you purchased?
In real store: Revlon Balm Stain #Cherish, among a shxt load of other things from Sasa and Bonjour.
Online: a gift bag from Lunableu, with body and bath products
3. What are your favorite eyeshadow colors?
a) Light shimmery champagne like Stila Kitten, but the one I actually love was a shade from a discontinued palette from Majolica Majorca.
b) Medium to light matte brown taupe like Burberry Almond, or any neutral brow powder kind of shade
c) Metallic bronze gold, something like MAC Tan Pigment. I love the warm, neutral and cool kind of bronze. Deep or pale works.
4. What was your last drink?
Organic green tea. I wish it was bubble tea (I like large bubble jasmine milk tea with half-sugar) or a coffee (currently addicted to starbucks salted caramel mocha frap)...
5. Foundation or tinted moisturizer?
Tinted moisturiser. Chantecaille one is good. Various BB creams from Korean brands are good too.
6. What's the most daring thing you've done?
Quitting my first job.
7. Your best physical feature?
I think I like everything. No harm if I had bigger boobs and taller nose though.
8. Your best personality trait?
Easy-going? Too lenient to self and others many of times.
9. Your favourite beauty brands?
US/Europe: Inglot. Illamasqua. Real Techniques (brushes). Chantecaille. Burberry. Bourjois. The Balm. Benefit. Revlon. Everyday Minerals (blushes and brushes). Nuxe.
Japan/Asia: Addiction. Suqqu. Cle de Peau. Integrate. Media. Canmake. Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make. Solone. Naruko.
There are many more.......
10. Which beauty brands do you find overrated?
Majolica Majorca. MAC. NARS.
Love them, but I find them overrated (or over-marketted?)....
11. Last book/magazine/comic you've read?
Book: The Alexandria Link by Steve Berry. I love Steve's books. This is my 3rd or 4th...
Magazine: November issue of GLA (the Chinese version of a Japanese magazine)
Comic: I never read comics...
1. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Intelligent. Lazy. Silly.
2. What are your thoughts on BB Cremes?
Works well, but not wonders.
3. Do you prefer organic or high-tech beauty products?
4. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A pilot who flies aeroplane.
5. What do you want to be now – or are you already there?
A wife, a mother, a cook, an artist. Not yet.
6. What is your favourite time of year and why?
Around this time of the year. Because weather is fine, cooling down but not too cold. Because my birthday is around, following by family members' birthday and Christmas.
7. What is the one food you couldn’t live without?
Bubble tea, but that's a drink. Chips, but zero nutrients. I'd say Caesar Salad.
8. What are you most looking forward to in 2012?
An advancement with my boyfriend in our relationship, maybe? and 9 months passed, I think we did make some 'improvement'.
9. Are you a cosmopolitan girl or a country bumpkin at heart?
I wish there are more opportunity to foster my country side. City girl is the sad answer. Cosmopolitan convenience corrupts me.
10. What are your Valentine’s Day plans?
This was a February question - so I'll twist it to 'Birthday' plan - I hope to enjoy a long getaway weekend with my fiance, hopefully with good food and watching good stage performances.
11. Do you prefer theatre or cinema?
Feel free to share your answers too! I just find tagging and thinking of questions a little too brain-consuming..... :D
Lazy silly Jacq :")