The beauty industry. Let me try to keep this brief. Companies make products. For marketing or PR purposes, people get gratis and/or discounts. On the other hand, when the press would like to feature something or cover certain issues, they contact the PR to seek opinions or products. In these flows of information and beauty products, some extras are produced. In theory these people are prohibited to resell the items for demonstration, or testers, or gratis, however you call them. So, here comes the exciting part - my friends remember me.
My friends. I am exceptionally lucky to have friends who work in the press, public relations, as well as the beauty industry. I'm not going into details in what they do, that's not the purpose of this blog. I am grateful, and glad, and flattered, and spoilt, to have them remembering me when it comes to donating products. (Sometimes I do pay for the shipping, for your information.) The purpose of these introductory words are meant to express my sincere appreciation towards their generosity, as well as to make a point to my readers that I'm not paid to feature these products, nor am I forced to. Enough disclosure.
Sponsors, patrons. Over the past few weeks, the editor of this blog, me, has received many lovely products from my friends. Their material support encourages me to continue with my 'artistic work'. My skills ain't sharp, I am still a very long way from what I want myself to be, yet now and then, I get such sweet and enlightening comments here and there to keep me going. Every single thumb-up 'like' and view people spare me counts. Your support is recognised and ain't wasted. Enough rambling.
Thanksgiving. All I want to say is I'm thankful, and I hope I can move on and forward with you guys as my companion. Your spiritual, verbal, physical or material support are all well received and appreciated. I have yet to find the time and opportunity to play with all of them, so I'm afraid I will have to show you their pictures and names for the time being. Leave your requests or comments below if you've any. Onto the products!
- MAC, Pigment #Tan, #Emerald Dusk
- MAC, Studio Careblend Pressed #Dark
- MAC, Frost Lipstick #To Catch A Sailor
- MAC, Bronzing Powder #Soft Sand -
- MAC, Lipglass #Plum Fun
- MAC, Plushglass #Pretty Plush
- MAC, Sheen Supreme Lipglass #Dress Kimono
- MAC, Eye Shadow #White Frost (F: Frost)
From left, Dress Kimono, Pretty Plush, Plum Fun, Tan, Emerald Dusk, White Frost.
From left, Dark, To Catch a Sailor, Soft Sand.
- Chantecaille, The Elephant Palette
- Chanel, Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour #96 Excentrique, #95 Enjouee
- Deborah Lippmann, Luxurious Nail Color #Stormy Weather, created with Narciso Rodriguez - NOTD coming very soon. Love this shade.
- MAC, Eye Shadow #Forgery (L: Lustre)
- Le Metier de Beaute, Precision Liquid Eyeliner #Bleu
- Chanel, Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow #94 Eclaire
- Kinerase, C6 Peptide Intensive Treatment
- Kinerase, Eye Cream
- MTM, Custom-blended Q10 Treatment
- MTM, Whitening Serum
- Nars Skin, Purifying Foam Cleanser
- Nars Skin, Double Refining Exfoliator
- Nars Skin, Optimal Brightening Concentrate
- This Works, No Wrinkle Sensitive Moisturiser - using this as a neck cream and it's decent.
- Perfective Ceuticals, Divine Brightening Cream with gigawhite
- Astalift, Day Protector White SPF50+ PA+++
- Osiao, Refreshing Cleansing Bar
- MAC, Lipmix in #White
- MAC, Longwear Lipcreme #Approaching Storm
- MAC, Liquidlast Liner #Visionaire
- MAC, Amplified Creme Lipstick #Dark Side
- MAC, Face and Body Foundation #C2
- MAC, Powder Blush #Margin (Frost) - the refill pan
- MAC, Pro Palette x15 Eyeshadow - the old one, and this is previously used and labelled but doesn't model me at all :)
Lazy silly Jacq :")