Ari and I. We've been loyal readers and visitors to each other's blog - link to hers - for quite a while. We're both small-eyed fair Asians. Mascaras are our best friend. Our swaps began by me mentioning to send her a little something, which she emptied and loved - link.
How we started. I got my first 3 pans of Inglot eyeshadow from a swap - link - and I fell in love. What worse is, Liz - link - has literally hundreds of them, and she did amazing swatches. I asked if Ari could help me procure some, alongside with some ELF stuff she herself recommends. But evil Ari didn't stop there. She added in a lot of other things, including the famous Wet and Wild 8-pan palettes, NYC Sunny bronzer, and Jouer Tinted moisturisers
Inglot. I will do a better swatch and some FOTD with these beautiful eyeshadows soon. Ari got me 7 shades, and an empty 10-well palette. Together with the 3 I already own (marked with a *), these form a beautiful netural/earth-tone palette. Isn't it an eye candy? I am not too sure about the colour placement yet, I may switch their places later on... Beauty of a self-construct palette!
Top Row: Rainbow #101R, *Matte 342*, DS 461, AMC Shine 43, *Pearl 399*
Bottom Row: Rainbow #117R, Matte 360, AMC Shine 49, Pearl 406, *Pearl 423*
Just a small tip I learnt from the Inglot facebook page, to remove the pans from the palette, all you need to do is bring the magnet at one of the corners of the lid to the corner of the pan, it will attract the pan and pull it up!
E.L.F., Eyes Lips Face. I picked some of them, but mainly, these ELF products are Ari-Approved. As you may have tried or knew, ELF can be quite a hit or miss brand. I will be trying these and review them once I form an opinion. For instance, I have washed and am using the Kabuki Face Brush now. It has no weird scent, and only minimal shedding (2 hairs so far). Very soft!
- ELF Mineral, Lipstick #Rosy Raisin
- ELF Essentials, Eyelid Primer #Sheer, #Pearl, #Champagne
- ELF Studio, Matte Lip Color #Rich Red, #Coral - they aren't totally matte, very pigmented and low shine, but not matte.
- ELF Mineral, Eyeshadow Primer #Sheer
- ELF Studio, Kabuki Face Brush
- ELF Studio, SPF 45 Sunscreen UVA/UVB Protection
Drugstore gems. I believe Wet and Wild and NYC are some of the cheapest brands you can purchase in a Northern American drugstore. However, a lot of them have very good reviews and hypes. Ari bought me the Wet and Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection palettes, not one, but all three! Have yet to rip them open and try, but looking at them in real life, I have a feeling they will be totally worth the hype!
- Wet n Wild, Color Icon Blusher #832E Heather Silk
- Wet n Wild, Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection #736 Petal Plusher, #737 Blue Had Me At Hello, #718 Comfort Zone
- NYC, IndividualEyes #0152-05 Berry Bloom
- NYC, Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder #720A Sunny
Skin care and samples. Fun things, good things, lovely things. I may not do in-depth reviews of these unless they are super impressive, but keep an eye out for their appearances in my coming empties!
- Philosophy, Eternal Grace Perfumed Firming Body Emulsion - Gosh this smells divine! I am keeping it in my handbag right away.
- Avon, Solutions plus+ Maximum Moisture Hydrating Booster Surhydratant - my friend Tao's favourite hydrating serum - link! Perfect for this change of seasons.
- Eye Rock, Designer Liner Instant Eyeliner Tapes - I have seen similar things in Sasa stores the other day, feeling skeptical, and then this popped up in my mail.
- Make Up Forever, Aqua Eyes #0L - The black. Can you imagine this is my first time trying the MUFE eyeliners!?
- Freeman, Facial Hydration Mask with Goji Berry - I'm not the biggest fan of the sachet designs, but I love love love face mask :D
- Smashbox, Photo Finish Light Foundation Primer
- Smashbox, Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- Jouer, Luminizing Moisture Tint #Bronzed, #Glow
- Sephora, Smoothing and Mattifying Primer *2
- L'Oreal, Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer - I saw this arriving at local L'Oreal displays! Plus I have 25% off L'Oreal this month (birthday evilness)... Should I go and get their foundation?
- Zelens Skin Science, Cellular DNA Protection Day Cream
Head over to Ari's blog - link - and tell her I love her! :D Give her pressure to blog about what I sent her, if you guys are interested!
Thanks again, Ari. ;)
Lazy silly Jacq :")