Can we save time in doing the intro, and jump straight into the empties right away? (lazy me)
This fortnight I have finished a few make up pieces, a few nail products, and then the usual skin care and body/hair bits. Not too much, but enough substance to make a post. I think.
#262-264 Make up:
- Inglot, Under Makeup Base - No Way - Silicon gel texture, not my cup of tea. I prefer lotion/serum texture as my primer. The silicon ones can fill pores and diminish wrinkles but also ball up with your foundation.
- Za, Skin Beauty Two Way Foundation #21 - Hurray - Affordable, smooth, not drying, great match to my colouring. Can be used wet or dry but I mainly use it dry. Better individual review of this product - link.
- *Kiss Me/Isehan, Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascara - Hurray - Holy Grail, gives me length and volume and curl and holds it all day. Black. Affordable. Waterproof but not too stubborn to be removed. Now they have repackaged/reformulated it so I'm not sure if it is the same, but I have already bought the new one... :D
#265-272 Skin Care:
- Nuxe, Fondant Cleansing Gel Face and Eyes with Rose Petals - Hurray - Yummy stuff! It is a thicker gel-cream texture, and a little goes a pretty long way. I use a little of this with my Clarisonic Mia, and with the amazing blend of roses, washing my face becomes a luxury!
- Nivea, Daily Essentials Refreshing Cleansing Lotion - No Way - Affordable indeed, but too runny and really doesn't do anything to my skin. I also used this with my Clarisonic Mia.
- La Roche-Posay, Thermal Spring Water - Okay - Other brands also make this kind of spray. The mist is very fine and soothing. So I used up the majority of this stuff in Taiwan when we were out in the Sun all day. Other times, I don't find this necessary.
- Etat Pur Micellar Cleansing Water - Okay - It differs not much from Bioderma, but unavailable in my city, and I know it is per ml more expensive than the Bioderma. Cleansing water is not a must, and if I want, I get can another brand. My review of this will be similar to the one I did for Bioderma - link.
- Kobayashi 小林製藥, Acne Treatment Stickers - No Way - It doesn't adhere ot the skin tightly, nor heal acne significantly.
- Montagne Jeunesse, Clean Up Mud - No Way - I don't use this all over my face as I only have occasional break outs here or there. One pack is too much for me. I think I used this 3 times on parts of my face, and the remaining stuff inside dried out. Smells really good though, an invigorating blend of tea tree or eucalyptus that kind of thing.
- Bourjois, Express Cleansing Wipes - No Way - Irritating, enough said. Not very effective in removing make up either. Wipes are mostly redundant in my routine, why do I keep buying them?
#273-277 Body and Hair:
- Neutrogena, Rainbath Refreshing Shower and Bath Gel - Hurray/Okay - Actually I'm not sure if I will buy this at full price. The big bottle costs over 200 HKD, ie US$25??? I don't like to spend much money on my shower gels. This smells good, neutral, quite refreshing and not drying. Doesn't foam up the most compared to other shower gels, but alright.
- Esthaar, Hair Root Care Shampoo - Hurray - Love this stuff. Leaves my fine thin hair clean but not flat, and not drying at all. I can deal without conditioner almost. For your info, I wash my hair daily, and with this guy, I condition or do mask about every 2 or 3 days. Good. Will have to get this brand in Korea though.
- The Body Shop, Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter - Okay - Smells amazing, has good ingredients too, I think. Doesn't perform miracles on my hair, nor does the lovely smell last long.
- Phyto, Phytokeratine Reparative Conditioning Treatment - Hurray - I really like Phyto. This smells good and leaves my hair conditioned inside-out. I can feel it and see it! Will buy some Phyto when I clear out my hair things a bit, definitely!
- OPI, Drip Dry - Okay - I find this too oily feeling, I am more used to the Orly version of this now.
- Bourjois, Gloss-set - Okay - Not the best but good enough to be used up! (I have actually used up 2 bottles of Seche Vite but the bottles are being refilled so I'll wait until the BIG salon size is done to include them in empties)
- OPI, Nail Envy the Original Nail Strengthener - Hurray - A very good base coat and I feel it helps nails to grow healthily, not miraculously. I have to throw this out because it dries with so many bubbles.
- Mannings, Alcohol Swabs - Hurray - I can do with any brand really. These are so helpful to disinfect tools, makeup, and even laptop or phone surfaces. Especially handy when I do make up on others.
- La Lune, Facial Puff - Okay - Got this box in Kenting, Taiwan while we were on holiday. I ran out of cotton and this was reasonably priced. Not impressive.
- Biore, Body Foam Mild (Sakura) - No Way - Drying shower gel. I used this to refill my family hand soap bottle in order to use this up really.
Foaming Pump Bottle - No Way - The sleek bottle means I can get a good grip of it, and the pump dispenser doesn't recoil back up after pressing it down.
No Brand, Stippling Brush - The black bristles leak dye every single time I wash it in the past 10 washes.
2012 Empties, updated on 11th Nov:
Jumbo Size: 3 + x
Full Size: 58 + 8
Deluxe Sample/Travel Size: 59 + 5
Samples: 74 + 3
Sheet Masks: 57 + x
Project 20 Skin Care Update:
Start Date: 1st November, 2011
Balance Brought Down: 113.25
Finished: 5 full size, 3 travel size
Total Progress: 6.5
Distance from Goal: 106.75, updated on 11th Nov.
Project 20 Body and Hair Update:
Start Date: 15th February, 2012
Balance Brought Down: 17.75
Finished: 1 full size, 2 travel, 2 samples
Total Progress: 2.5
Distance from Goal: 15.25, updated on 11th Nov.
Lazy silly Jacq :")