I have been having a swap affair with Sam for over a year now. This is our 3rd or 4th mail swap - depending on how you define a swap really. You can take a look at what I received before in this this and this post - make sure to read what I sent her over at her blog (link), too!
We know each other pretty well, so it's not a blind swap by any means, we kind of know the products that we send will suit each other and be loved. This time, Sam purposely run down a bunch of discounted Boots make up for me, for I love to testing them out, and the shades she chose are really great! So here they are, lovely products I received in the latest swap!~
- No7, Amazing Eyes Liner #Black
- No7, Poppy King Lipgloss #Deep Wine - The 2nd tube of the same shade. This should have came with some holiday sets last year or so. I love this better than the other orange red one (which should be "Plum"). Previous swatch post - link.
- More pictures on the lipsticks below~
- No7, Stay Perfect Nail Colour #Blackcurrant is a new addition to the No7 nail polish family. It is one of the most loved formula and brush of my sister Jen. The other shades I have is #Perky and #Minty Fresh.
- 17, High Gloss Nail Polish #Miami (hot pink), #Cocoa Cabanna (chocolate)
- No7, Mineral Perfection Shadow Palette #05 Rose is a trio that comes with a light ash, medium rosy pink, and medium taupe brown.
- No7, Natural Blush Cheek Colour #Petal. I am just guessing the shade from some online images as the name of the one I got is removed. A pale matte pink that is very interesting, seems to be neutral, but in some light it is cooler, in some, warmer.
- No7, Stay Perfect Shadow #Comet is a medium grey with silver glitter running through. The texture is honestly, chalky and not good. But I will try to layer it over a good base, or use it wet to see if the glitter will show up. If so, then I can find some use for it.
- No7, Glitter Eye Liner
- No7, Perfect Lips Pencil #30 Caramel is a twist-up-no-need-blade-to-sharpen lip pencil. It has a mini plastic sharpener at the end. The texture is pretty creamy. Colour is a medium mauve brown, more red than I would imagine 'caramel' to be.
The order of the swatch is pretty self-explanatory, no?
- No7, Mineral Lip #Latte Lover is in the olive tube, made in Thailand.
- No7, Wild Volume #20Ruby Glow is in the blue tube, made in Italy.
- No7, Stay Perfect Perfection Continue #15Nude is in the burgundy tube. It is made in Germany.
- 17, Mirror Shine #Plum Perfect
- 17, Sheer Moisture Lipstick #Berry Silk
**Tell me if you would like to see kind of a collective review on Boots brands, I have in fact collected quite a number of them and accumulated some opinions... or perhaps no one is interested?**
- MUA Make Up Academy, Eyeshadow Palette #Undressed is supposed to be an Urban Decay Naked dupe.
- Sleek, Blush by 3 #Pumpkin has a hot chili red coral with shimmer, a satin/shiny bright pink, and a matte carrot orange. All three shades are super pigmented and bam-on-your-face-bright. I can imagine doing a lot of crazy things with this palette!
- NYX, Glitter Mania #GP03 Crystal
- Eyeko, Fat Eye Stick is very creamy, twist up eye crayon. There is no colour name on its body, so I'm guessing it may be 'Old Gold' (or may be totally wrong). The shade is a high shine metallic golden bronze. I am slightly afraid this week move on the skin a lot, and not settle down nicely. We'll see.
- ELF Mineral, Eyeshadow #Temptress
- MAC, unknown eyeshadow
- Dainty Doll, Eyeliner Pencil #003 is a chocolate brown with a warm red sheen. Its texture leans on the drier side but very smooth and pigmented. Wore it once, it didn't smudged but disappeared after a few hours. A liner for soft looking definition around the eyes.
- MAC, Lip Pencil #Subculture is officially my second MAC lip pencil. The first one is Brick (a red). Subculture is a very wearable nude, pale, with some brown undertone.
Again, I suppose the swatch is pretty self-explanatory... Too lazy to type the colour names...
- Montagne Jeunesse, Fruit Smoothie Deep Pore Cleansing Masque (x2) with raspberry and mango. Each sachet is 20g, so I guess one can last at least 2 applications or so.
- Nivea, Pure and Natural Moisturising Day Cream for Normal to Combination Skin
- Nivea, Pore Refining Day Cream SPF15 Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle (Normal to Combination Skin)
- Liz Earle Colour, Sheer Skin Tint SPF15 #Bare01 (for fair skin tones), #Beige02 (for medium skin tones) is Liz Earle's tinted mosituriser. I am more than glad to receive these, and Sam sent me two of the lightest shades to try, great!
- Suisse Programme, Caviar Lifting Eye Contour Cream.
- Nivea, Firming Body Oil (x3) has Q10 and Avocado Oil and suits all skin types. However, the first ingredient in the list is paraffin/mineral oil.
- Davines, Nounou/Pak Nourishing Repairing Mask with Olive Butter for dry and brittle hair (x2)
- Kiehl's, Superbly Smoothing Argan Shampoo
- Kiehl's, Superbly Smoothing Argan Conditioner
Remember to pop over to Sam's blog (link) and say hi (or anything really) on my behalf - she's currently on a heavy dose of lipstick and making really tempting lipstick posts...!
Lazy silly Jacq :")