I have been calling my empties "Finished Fortnight" because I wanted to do it every two weeks. Apparently I skipped one issue during mid-December, and no, one can not blame the Holidays for not blogging. So anyway, here is about a month's worth of empties. Read till the end for a mini conclusion-slash-calculation of all the empties in 2012!
由於聖誕假期的關係，遲了一點點寫空瓶。事不宜遲，從護膚品說起吧。DHC 橄欖卸妝油十少數我用過、喜歡、會推薦的幾款之一。卸得乾淨，容易乳化，另外原因是普遍的油都用礦物油做主要成分，而礦物油成本很低，變相廠家賺很多，皮膚吸收的營養卻沒什麼… Skincode 活細胞濃縮抗皺精華液是為期兩星期的密集療程，有很多效用，其中我覺得有助細胞更新頗明顯。Visacontour 玻尿酸水潤除皺精華是 Glamabox 裡來的，我平安夜很晚才回家，睡很少然後聖誕日挺早就出去家庭聚會了。全靠這小支精華才可以「見人」呢！Pola 的眼霜不錯，滋潤修護都優…只是有點感覺：我還用不著這麼昂貴的眼霜呢
自白肌的洗臉我大愛：非常好洗、保濕、便宜好用！現在在萬寧就可以買得到。愛慕可的玫瑰露也是冬天的恩物，香、保濕舒緩：愛用！Dr Hauschka 玫瑰日霜有兩款，這條是輕盈（給油性皮膚的），不特別喜歡。夏天用有點點厚重也沒有防曬，冬天完全不夠力。Hera 的洗臉乳好像加了香味的乳液，不合用。Divinia 的洗臉泡泡普通。Freshel 的面霜／凝膠很乾，不愛。Heroine Make 的眼部卸妝卸得很乾淨，不貴：一定會回購！
Let's begin with Skin Care.
- DHC Deep Cleansing Oil - Hurray - One of the few cleansing oils I enjoy and recommend. It is vegetable oil based, olive oil to be exact, cleanses very well and does not leave a residue after emulsification and wash.
- Skincode Cellular Power Concentrate Ampoules - Very good stuff for particular skin needs. Did a full review!
- Visacontour Serum - Hurray - Got these in my Glamabox and I love them. I cracked one tube of these open and it revived my skin on Christmas Day after a short night of sleep as I attended midnight mass service and caroling outdoor. This hydrates, plumps and does wonders. I am saving the few tubes
- Pola BA The Eye Cream - Okay - A thick nourishing eye cream that keep eye area very healthy and feels good. Don't know if it is really worthy of the price tag though. This is my last sample so I guess my decision is I won't pay for the full size.
- White Formula Super Moist Cleanser with Hyaluronic Acid - Hurray - It is a light runny liquid with no fragrance. Foams up gently, washes effectively and very moisturising. I love to use this in Winter more than Summer because it isn't particularly refreshing or cooling. Really hydrating and cheap, too!
- Naruko Rose and Snow Fungus Aqua Cubic Hydrator - Hurray - One of my Winter essentials and my favourite toners from Naruko. Great stuff. Will definitely repurchase. Actually I should have backups in my cupboard...
- Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream Light - Okay - It is moisturising, but a bit too heavy for Summer - I prefer the Guince Day Cream for Summer. Compared to other Dr Hauschka creams I tried, this absorbs quite quickly and gives a slight matte/dry finish; hence not so good for Winter either. Also, just a note, the Rose creams by Dr Hauschka isn't particularly rosy smelling, just in their signature botanical/herbal scent.
- Hera Soft Cleansing Emulsion - No Way - I feel like this is just a soft watery emulsion mixed with nice perfume. Soft on the skin indeed, but not cleansing. I tried it with my Clarisonic, seems better than using the emulsion alone, but still 'meh'.
- Divinia Moisture Mousse Cleanser - Okay - Moisture indeed, but I don't particularly like the scent - a vague soft scent - nor the cleansing power - quite weak.
- Freshel White C Whitening Gel - No Way - It is Drying, full stop.
- Heroine Make Eye Makeup Remover - Hurray - Great stuff. My lashes like industrial-grade water-proof Asian mascaras, so I have to find them matching removers. Bioderma won't work, don't even dream about that - they may perhaps work for Western brand water-proof mascaras though. This is effective, cheap, comes in a cute pink handy bottle, I'm sold. Will repurchase.
Onto the body and hair stuff. My skin is acting up crazily in this dry weather, has been desert dry and drinking up moisturisers like none other times I have experienced before. I have been going through body butter and creams at top speed - expect to see more of those coming in the next empties!
- Pantene Clinicare Full and Think Treatment Mask - Hurray - One of my last tubes of backups. Great to make hair soft and sleek. Smells very good too. Again, this has been repackaged/reformulated so I can't speak for the new one.
- Vaseline Intensive Rescue Moisture Locking Cream - Hurray - Fragrance free, thick heavy basic petroleum based body cream. It is very effective in locking in moisture. Good when my skin is irritated or sensitive. But I prefer something more nourishing and actually penetrates, hence I will not run out and repurchase this yet.
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Moisturizing Hand Treatment - Hurray and No Way - I love and hate this stuff. The texture and performance is outstanding, but the smell is terrible. The 8 hour cream scent is bearable when I use it sparingly, e.g. lips or cuticles, or chapped nose-side. But this stuff is over-powering when applied hand-wise. I will only recommend and consider repurchasing the newer fragrance-free version.
- L'Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream - Hurray - One of my holy grail hand creams. Smell like better baby-powder, creamy and thick, doesn't leave skin too oily, does last a while on the hands. I have bigger sizes of these that will last me a while, yet if I ever run out, I'll be sure to repurchase!
Some 'random' stuff.
- Daiso Fragrance Candle "Orange" "Strawberry" - Hurray - Very good value and smells lovely too. I wish I can re-buy the strawberry but I can't find it anywhere.
- IDO Burner Light - Okay - Instant meal or snack in the form of congee. Taste decent but I don't know where to buy it.
- Miffy baby wipes - Okay - Nothing to say about it.
- Crabtree and Evelyn Reed Diffuser (don't know which scent) - Hurray - This has been sitting in our family sitting room for exactly one year. Now that I have got a new reed diffuser, this retires. It used to have more reed sticks in. Nice stuff... I prefer this much more than the new one I recently got (which is the gingerbreadman from the body shop).
Tossed, for different reasons.
- MAC Oil Control Lotion - No Way - I have under control facial sebum secretion, so technically it is not for my skin. I have used it on others, work well under make up, but it starts to smell funky.
- Laino Pro Intense Lip Care Shea Butter - Okay - Reminds me a lot of the Caudalie lip treatment. Great shea butter lip care, but it gets old, and half-melted, in Mister's backpack. Need to be replaced.
- Neutrogena Fine Fairness BB Cream UV - No Way - Very chalky white on the skin. Unnatural. Overly perfumed. Can't even use it on neck or arms.
2012 Empties Round-up
What can I say? Overall I am pretty satisfied, have a weird sense of achievement. One thing I wish to improve is the toll on sheet masks. My aim is double of last year, i.e. 120 pieces. For the rest, I am very hopeful at keeping it up. Will also launch a strict programme to control my new purchases, too. :)
Jumbo Size: 3
Full Size: 81
Deluxe Sample: 87
Small Sample: 94
Sheet Masks: 63
Misc. and Tossed: 71
Lazy silly Jacq :")