As titled, this is going to be a review of this concealer-primer-brightener kit by Benefit. Inside the kit there are: That Gal, Erase Paste in No.2 Medium, Boi-ing in No.01 and No.02, Lemon Aid, Eye Bright and two double-ended synthetic bristle brushes.
I am not a daily foundation wearer, many of the days I go out naked (face) and don't give a damn at how my skin look. Other days I put on a bit of concealer or tinted moisturiser, and top it off with some powder foundation or pressed powder. Since University I have learnt that I only need a little bit of concealer under my eyes and around my nose to make me look wide-awake and ready. Hence, I've been collecting and trying out numerous concealers since. I did a brief inventory of all the concealers I had a few months ago, my collection has grown a little since that post, but you can get an idea how much I love my concealers.
1. "That Gal" is a brightening face primer. It has a pale pink tint and pretty significant fruity scent. I like the moisture and effect it adds to my skin. The colour brightens up my complexion subtly and make skin look healthier. A Hurray product and I might repurchase!
2. "Erase Paste" is what Benefit calls a brightening camouflage for eyes and face. I adore the salmon tone in it, which helps neutralise really dark circles effectively. However, I do not have 'that'-dark dark circles, and the shade is a little dark for my colouring. It has a lovely creamy texture and is easy to blend. I am interested to try out the lighter No.01 in the future. This shade, however, is an Okay only.
3. 4. "Boi-ing" is an "industrial-strength concealer". As you can tell from the swatch, I am kind of in between shades, but No.02 is too dark for me. Most of the times I use a little bit of No.02 and then cover it up with more No.01. This concealer is pigmented, covers well, and stays put. It is slightly on the dry side, so I prefer warming it up with fingers, dab it on, and then blend with brush or sponge. I like its coverage and longevity so I will give No.01 a Hurray!
5. "Lemon Aid" is an eyelid colour correcting primer. It is a pale yellow hard cream that theoratically neutralises bluish purple tones. I do not need it, I do not like it. Putting the fact that I do not have purplish eyelids, this primer itself is not that good. It is hard, meaning you can dab your finger in and get the tiniest bit, not too much, true, but not adequate, in my opinion. Once you warm it up a bit and blend it on your eyelid, it starts to crease. If an eyelid primer creases, how am I suppose to apply anything on top of it? This is a No Way disappointment, which is a shame, as it is one of the purpose why I purchase this kit. One of the Chinese bloggers I follow, Arora, swears by this thing!
6. "Eye Bright" usually comes in a fat pencil form, and is Benefit's instant eye brightener. It has a lilac hue and is almost chalky. It gives a pink pearl sheen in some angles. I like it in the pencil form, which I also own. I can wear it in the waterline, or more often just the inner corners. However, I totally do not understand how to apply this hard chalk paste with a flat brush (or even with my fingers). The pan in this kit seems redundant to me. The pencil form: Okay, the pan form: No Way.
So all in all, this palette is nice-to-have, as I finally get to try That Gal - which I love - the Boi-ing concealers - which I also like. However, I am sad to realise that Lemon Aid doesn't work for me, and I can't make much use out of the Eye Bright - wrong form - and Erase Paste - wrong shade.
Last but not least, a complimentary Face-of-the-Day for your viewing pleasure. I wasn't at all satisfied with the look, but as I have shot photos wearing this kit, why not share them as well?
Benefit That Gal Primer
Benefit Erase Paste - No.02 (under the eyes)
Benefit Boi-ing Concealer - No.01 and No.02
Canmake Soft Touch Foundation - No.03 (face contour)
Skindinavia 10 Years Younger Makeup Finish Setting Spray
Naris Up Brows Up Pencil Eyebrow - Light Brown
Benefit Stay Don't Stray Eyeshadow Primer (on the lids)
Burberry Complete Eye Palette - No.06 Plum Pink
Pupa Eyeliner - No.04 Gold Glitter (inner corners)
Random false lashes
Dr. Hauschka Lip Balm
17 Mirror Shine - Plum Perfect
Lazy silly Jacq :")