Number one, I buy too much. I know I was on Project 10 Pan, which is a pretty awesome collaboration with my friend Sam. However, I didn't fully commit to not buying things with that competition going on. I have decided to take a step further to start a spending ban of my own.
Number two, I want to buy less. Some may not find endless shopping and spending an issue or problem. I do.
Before I surrender my freedom to a shopping ban, there will be a series of 'haul' posts coming. This post shows what I got locally since January, perhaps? There's a lot. And even more crazy is, I still have some other things waiting to be photographed and typed out. Sick.
By the way, I'm going to call my 2013 Shopping Embargo. Rules are listed (far, far) below...
Things I have recently paid for and got:
- MAC Eyeshadow - Omega (Matte) $145, 1.5 g
- MAC Eyeshadow - Coquette (Satin) $110, 1.5 g - I wasn't in the right mind that day when I popped into the MAC store. I know my friend could get me stuff with discount, but I still craved in and purchased two shadows. I also blame this on Claire, who always uses Omega to contour in her videos!
- Dior Addict Extreme - 536 Lucky $28 - Because I want one, and saw this mini one at Bonjour while my cousin H and I shopped! You can see all of these Dior Addict Extreme glossy lipsticks swatched at KarlaSugar.
- Sen by Kim Robinson Moisture and Repair Shampoo $88, 400 ml (with $10 off coupon)
- Sen by Kim Robinson Moisture and Repair Treatment $108, 180 ml (with $10 off coupon) - One of my current favourite hair care brand! Got some samples and coupons from this line from Glamabox, so I went ahead and purchase two items. My friend Jen did a very nice review on this line, check it out!
- Naris Up Brows Up Pencil Eyebrow - Natural Brown $35 - I was aching for some darker brows earlier last month so I bought the darker brown shade of my favourite Japanese drugstore brow pencil. The spooly brush at the end is marvellous, I gave the grey one to my mum and she uses this every day, like I do with my light brown one.
- Koji Spring Heart Eyebrow Pencil - 03 Light Brown, 02 Brown, 01 Dark Brown $39 each - I was on a major brow craze one day, or since forever?, so I picked up all three shades of this automatic brow pencil. I think they will be great with the twist-up mechanism and the spooly brush attached.
- Isehan Heavy Rotation Powder Eyebrow and Nose Shadow - 02 Natural Brown, $69, 3.5 g - One of the cheaper brow powder palettes available in Sasa, my Lavshuca is broken, so I think it won't hurt to get an extra to try/use. (Do not remind me that I already have a Visee, two Gosh, and two ELF ones standing by.)
- (No Brand) Doll Tweezers, $10
- Titania Stainless Steel Tweezers, $18 - If you have read my last Finished Fortnight post, you may notice that I have discarded quite a few blunt tweezers. I saw these decent ones which seem sharp and handy so I picked them up.
- Daiso Ellefar Hanataka Powder Nose Highlight Powder - B $12, 1.5 g - Because I remember seeing it somewhere, probably a Japanese magazine or random blog. Given its price point, it slipped into my shopping basket without much guilt.
- Etude House Surprise Concealer Kit - No.01 Flaw Coverage $68 - Picked this up when I was shopping for a swap. Etude House recently opened two stores in Mongkok, so it is very convenient for me to visit. I swatched this in the store, and like it. Will see how it works and sits on my face... Hmmm...
- Garnier Instant Fairness BB Eye Roll-On, 15 ml
- Garnier Instant Fairness BB Moisturizer, 20 ml - I got a set of this Roll-On and BB Moisturizer for HK$149, which is about the same price of the BB Moisturizer itself. The blame of this purchase goes to my cousin Honor, who commented on my last empties saying that this BB Eye-Roll is totally superior than YSL touche eclat in brightening the under-eye area. She has her supporting from one of my favourite Taiwan bloggers seven321, so I went ahead and bought a set...
- Luminous Change Eyelash - 01 Natural Extension, 03 Volume Glamorous $142.5 for 2 packs (5 pairs each) - My little brother helped me with the translation of Japanese into English for these eyelash styles
- Jewelove False Eyelashes - 05 Fluffy Extension/ Tearful, 06 Dolly Eye/ Charming $136 for 2 packs (2 pairs each) - My little brother helped me with the translation of Japanese into English for these eyelash styles
- La Estephe Switzerland Milk Smoothing and Pretty Facial Mask, $15
- La Estephe Switzerland Deeply Moisturizing and Tender Facial Mask, $15
- Daiso Shampoo Brush $12 - Can be used to massage the scalp, or brush on hair treatment on the actual hair. I intend to use this also on my back/shoulder to clear up the never-ending break-outs too.
- Lancome Genifique Youth Activator $ 28 each, 5 ml x 6 pc
- Lancome Genifique Yeux Youth Activator Eye Concentrate $ 39 each, 5 ml x 3 pc - Basically these are the damage I have made to my wallet during the beauty dates my cousin H and I had. That means I paid a total of HK$ 168 for 30ml of face serum which is sold at $ 680 at the counter; and $117 for 15ml of eye serum, which is sold for $480 at the counter. I call this a steal!
- Burt's Bees Head to Toe Kit $159.2 (Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream 20 g, Hand Salve 8.5 g, Milk and Honey Body Lotion 25 g, Fabulously Fresh Peppermint and Rosemary Body Wash 50 ml, Beeswax Lip Balm 4.25 g, Coconut Foot Cream 20 g) - I blame Sam for this purchase! She raved and praised about the Beeswax Lip Balm that I already own, but I cannot find high or low in my whole room... So I bought this full set because the lip balm alone costs HK$ 50 with no discount. This whole kit was on 20% off so I paid HK$100 for all the rest of the products - not bad a deal, right?
- Dr. Morita Moisturizing Essence Ultra Slim Facial Mask $50.15, 10 pc - this has caviar essence in.
- Dr. Morita Repair Essence Ultra Slim Facial Mask $50.15, 10 pc - this has snail extract in it. I just wanted the snail one but these are buy 2 get 15% off so I bought the caviar one too... :P
- Lovemore Pearl Barley and Milk Smoothing Mask Sheet 4 pc (my review)
- Lovemore Loofah and Aloe Vera Hydrating Mask Sheet 4 pc
- Lovemore Wine Yeast Whitening Mask Sheet 4 pc (my review)
- Lovemore Rosa Hybrida Whitening Mask Sheet 4 pc - (my review) Yuan's favourite!?
- Lovemore Loofah and Aloe Vera Hydrating Watery Cream 160 ml - I got the whole of box of this for $154.9. I totally wasn't tempted by the male celebrity on the box, nor the great deal of an extra aloe vera gel. Yuan made me buy this, so I guess I'm beguiled again. :P
- Lovemore Mountain Tea Polyphenols Moisturizing Mask Sheet $9.9, 1 pc
- Sasatinnie Snake Revitalizing Face Mask $6, 20 g (1 pc)
- Sasatinnie Snail Rejuvenating Face Mask $6, 20 g (1 pc) - They are cheaper in you buy in 10s or 20s, but I don't need that many.
- Lovemore Wild Yam Firming Mask Sheet $49.5, 5 pc - Because I am really impressed by the four 'flavours' I have bought above, I had to get this 6th 'flavour'! (my review)
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - 040 Rendezvous $68, 2.7 g
- Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer - 001, $89, 27 ml - Wanted to try this for a long time and finally waited until it is reduced! I remember seeing Sandra (15stepsblog) talks about it and I need to give it a go.
- Revlon GrowLuscious Plumping Mascara Waterproof - 221 Blackest Black, $79, 10 ml - One of my ex-colleague raved about Revlon mascaras, which I have not tried many of. This one sounds promising and I remmebered some youtubers talked about it. Picked it up also when it is reduced in price.
- Coppertone UV Protect Perfect UV Cut Cream SPF50/PA+++ $39, 30 g - Saw this on promotion while I was checking out the Bonjour store, attracted by the price and the fact that it is made in Japan. It also has amazingly high PA (protection against UVA) and Edelweiss for moisture, I am eager to see if this will really not leave a significant white cast as it says!
- Purevivi Cleansing Lotion (for Sensitive Skins), $64.6, 500 ml - I purchased a bottle of this in Japan last June, and I love it very much. It is like Bioderma but better. Cleanses more effectively and more moisturising. I saw it on sale in ColourMix and I had to grab a backup despite I have at least 6 brand new Bioderma waiting in the cupboard.
- Mannings 小曼家族 Horse Oil Hand Cream, $9.9, 75 g - I saw several offerings from this brand that reminds me of Choifung products. I love the horse oil hand cream from Choifung, but see that this is cheaper, so I bought a tube to try out and compare.
- Rules will be applied to full size items purchased, not free gift or samples or items in beauty box subscription.
- Only 5 items allowed for each category. The list will be updated and kept in a separate page. Exception: Unless I totally run out of that entire category.
- Every new purchase must be opened and used as soon as purchased, to be tested and reviewed within 1 month. Short review is allowed.
- Rules No.1 to No.3 will applied after 9th July, i,e. 100 days after 1st of April. Why? Because I will be starting the 100 Day Spending Ban on April Fools, also Easter Monday. Come back for that!
Lazy silly Jacq :")