A popular blog in the States, Nouveau Cheap, has this amazing series called "Drugstore Sightings/Spotted" where they compile new releases and launches at the American drugstores or outlets. I borrowed the name from them.
I pay very frequent visits to local pharmacies (Watson's, Mannings) and beauty stores (Sasa, Bonjour, Colourmix) and very often I catch sight of new displays and products, too. I remember doing these 'immediate' swatch-and-tell posts before, featuring the Hello Kitty blushes. This time we have something from Revlon!
Note: pictures in this post shot with iPad under indoor lighting. Foundation swatch on inner part of my wrist.
|Swatch with less than 1 pump, blended in with fingers|
Foundation Key Points:
- We have the formula in Oily/Combination only. The Normal/Dry formula is not here.
- There are four shades denoted by the cardboard description: 150, 180, 200, 240.
- Priced at HK $158 each, 30ml of product.
- Made in USA.
- With pump!
- Only three shades of actual bottles are displayed: 150 Buff, 180 Sand Beige, 200 Nude.
- 150 Buff: my shade. Yellow/neutral undertone. I own and wear the ColorStay Normal/Dry, or the ColorStay Whipped, both in this colour.
- 180 Sand Beige: darker and yellow/neutral undertone.
- 200 Nude: in terms of darkness, it is in between Buff and Sand Beige. It has more pink undertone.
Concealer Key Points:
- two shades available, 02 Light, 03 Light Medium
- HK $88, 6.2ml
- 02 Light: good for 150 Buff I think.
- 03 Light Medium: good for 180 Sand Beige I think.
Have you tried the Revlon ColorStay range? Are there any Asian drugstore makeup/brands you're interested? (I can go swatch them for you!)