Another week has gone, did I break any rules? What have I learnt?
1. A Recap
- No spending on ANY make up or skin care. No exceptions. I do welcome free gifts or samples though. Note: during this span I shall have at least 3 Glamaboxes coming in, so that can keep me entertained!
- Every single day I survive this ban, I will put HK $100 into my Fun Fund. When the ban is over, I can treat myself well (perhaps some Burberry or Guerlain make up??). :D
- My 100 Day Spending Ban starts on 1st of April and shall end on 9th of July.
2. Fun Fund (Week 2: 8-14 April)
$600 + $700
Despite going out to buy some pieces for beauty swaps (I'm only doing swaps with the facebook group I mentioned in my last post), I have not 'slipped' and bought myself anything beauty related. I purchased a lot of snacks though, because that's what I allow myself to buy, and I need to treat myself for being a good girl!
Also, I did make Mr. A pay for an annual renewal of a magazine subscription for me. Basically because I kept all my credit cards locked up at his apartment (nice little trick), and that magazine subscription came with a few gifts - which I have not received yet.
3. Lesson Learnt
Keeping myself occupied with serious things, really help distract me from beauty shopping. Serious things such as liturgy/run-down of the holy matrimony, writing the letter, spring cleaning my wardrobe (this process normally takes 6 months, while the rest of the year will be an autumn cleaning, go figure...).
4. Wants or Wishes
I will write these down weekly, and after the 100 day spending ban I will look back and see what I really will buy. I suppose this is a good way to see how unnecessary some of my desires are!?
I am limiting myself to add one wish per day only, is that considered self-control, too? :P
- Lavshuca Dramatic Memory Rouge - PK3 (yes I'm lemming for more)
- Lavshuca Jewel Lips N - PK4 (intrigued by this post by Go Halainn)
- MAC Eyeshadow - Nylon (because Tanya Burr constantly raves about it, more recently in her March Favourites video)
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage
- Lush Roots (a newer scalp mask Lush brought out, I have a serious lemming over more Lush products as my Big is running out, and I want to collect more black pots for 'recycling')
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (I have a feeling this will be a great Big Day foundation, thanks Lisa Eldridge for putting it in her Foundation video. like, am I serious to add any more foundation to my wish list?)
- Bourjois Rouge Edition (lipsticks, not that I need any really)
1. Swap lifters? Sorry about grumbling about this on and on, but I'm really upset. If, by next week, I have not received those two parcels, I will considered them thieves (or at least their parcels lost). I have contacted both of these ladies. One of them refused to reply to me, despite her still online and the message showed a 'R' (read) instead of 'D' (delivered). If I am upset enough, I will list her username(s) out, not her correspondence address, so that you can decide for yourselves if you'd like to swap with her. Wicked thing, her instagram name has since changed, but her kik account is still there. I have proof of sending both parcels out, which I paid for as an 'insurance'. Tell me, does posting their account/username make me sound bitchy? (truth is, even if that is bitchy, I might as well post it. for your safety.)
2. Happy news!? I have reached over 222,222 pageviews last Saturday. I was glaring at my monitor and with one F5 (refresh), I jumped from 222,218 to 222,223. Hence my screen-cap above.
3. Will be meeting Jess, Jen and Dorothy this Thursday for the first time. That's gonna be a splash! :D
Thank you for reading! Check out Blog of Shadows for a list of other blogs who're doing the 100 day spending ban also~