Another week has gone, did I break any rules? What have I learnt?
1. A Recap
- No spending on ANY make up or skin care. No exceptions. I do welcome free gifts or samples though. Note: during this span I shall have at least 3 Glamaboxes coming in, so that can keep me entertained!
- Every single day I survive this ban, I will put HK $100 into my Fun Fund. When the ban is over, I can treat myself well (perhaps some Burberry or Guerlain make up??). :D
- My 100 Day Spending Ban starts on 1st of April and shall end on 9th of July.
2. Fun Fund (Week 5: 29 April - 5 May)
$2,600 + $700 - $100
On 30th April I received a lovely envelope of Korean skincare from my friend L (instagram). We were schoolmates just about a century ago... When she posted about face masks laying around her place, I asked if there's any Snail or Snake variety for my trying - shameless Jacq. There were some conversation back and forth on Whatsapp, and the next day, she threw in the mail all the bits I gathered in the first two pictures. Brands include: Tony Moly, Skin Food, Etude House, It's Skin, and Nature Republic. I will be continuing with my snail mask review (first episode), and be sure to let you know what I think of these!
On 1st of May, while I was spending time in the mall between lunch and tea, I stepped into a Sasa and accident happened. Mr. A was with me. He said redeeming gifts with points is not counted as spending, plus, he was going to pay. So I went ahead and picked up a few May's VIP gifts, along with 3 for $10 masks which has a Snail amongst them. (Can't you tell, I am really desperate to try out all affordable, reachable snail masks out there!?) However, I'll be honest with my little spending ban, and count this a day of violation. ;)
On 3rd of May, I received an email promoting the free nip+fab gift bag with £30 on LookFantastic. I finally craved in and made an order. It only consisted of two Macadamia Natural Oil hair products, i.e. not banned in my ban. I blame Hakme for my order! A separate haul/review post will be cooked and served when mail arrived!
$10 for 3 Masks.
- Red Skin Aloe Vera Moisturising, Soothing and Hydrating Mask
- Red Skin Caviar Repairing Essence Mask
- Red Skin Snail Hydro-Gel Mask (actually just wanna try this!)
$53 For Beloved One Extreme Hydration Bio-Cellulose Mask
$99 B-liv by Cellnique "Knock Off Age" Age Dismission Original Japan Silk Mask
$95 Phytodess Paris Vitamin C Shampoo
$19 Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Purpose Dry Oil (this is a repurchase, I got two little bottles!)
$59 Reskin Solution Mist Glacier Express
3. Lesson Learnt
Back to week one.
Quote: "Marketing, promotional emails are dangerous, especially when electronic payment is that easy to make. Stay away from clicking into those links!"4. Wants or Wishes
I will write these down weekly, and after the 100 day spending ban I will look back and see what I really will buy. I suppose this is a good way to see how unnecessary some of my desires are...! I am limiting myself to add one wish per day only, is that considered self-control, too?
- Evie Amazingly Soothing Makeup Remover (company homepage)
- MAC Face and Body Foundation - C1 (Because C2 is a hint too dark for my taste. I'm also thinking of getting the white one for mixing, any idea?)
- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (If it's good enough for Elle, it is good enough for me)
- MAC Blush - Peaches
- Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation
- MAC Cremesheen Lipstick - Creme Cup
- Give and Give Aqua La Royal (A Japanese brand Yuan raves about. This is the 'serum' lotion. There's also a 'cleansing' lotion... need to put that in next week's wish list!)
1. Blog Sale is up! Please go and have a look. Link in the tab on your top left, or this link. I am really desperate in clearing out my stash. If something catches your eye, pop me an email or comment, perhaps you can take them cheaper than they are. ;)
2. Recap of last week's posts: Overview of my 8 month subscription of Glamabox. An amazing spoil swap with Traci my instagram/twitter lover. Second instalment in the snail mask review series. Updated inventory of my cleansing oils and waters. Finally, bilingual bi-weekly empties as-known-as Finished Fortnight.
3. All I want for when the ban's over, maybe some Tom Ford eyeshadow palettes. I want the gorgeous copper Cognac Sable and Asia-exclusive Lavender Lust and Seductive Rose. The best part is they're only sold at $550/US$70 each (cheaper than Singapore or USA or UK), and my friend A may have discount. Yea, ignore the lengthy Wants or Wishes I have been making weekly...
BlogLovin ♥ Twitter ♥ Facebook ♥ Google+ ♥ Instagram
Lazy silly Jacq :")
Time flies! Now that I'm entering the second month of the spending ban, I'm feeling pretty comfortable saving than splurging. (not that I have the best start of the month) How are you doing in the month of May?
Lazy silly Jacq :")