1. A Recap
- No spending on ANY make up or skin care. No exceptions. I do welcome free gifts or samples though. Note: during this span I shall have at least 3 Glamaboxes coming in, so that can keep me entertained!
- Every single day I survive this ban, I will put HK $100 into my Fun Fund. When the ban is over, I can treat myself well (perhaps some
Burberry or Guerlain make up??Tom Ford!?). :D
- My 100 Day Spending Ban starts on 1st of April and shall end on 9th of July.
2. Fun Fund (Week 6: 6 - 12 May)
$3,200 + $700
Last Friday I made an appointment for lash extension - first time in my life. Because of that, I went ahead and purchased two lash serums from Sasa, both not too expensive - Astraea V. Lash Treatment ($79.2, 7g) - BCL Browlash EX Longrowrepair Booster ($105). I do not have any lash serums in my stash so these aren't regarded as violation. ;) If you want more photos or chats regarding my lashes, make sure to check out my updates.
On Saturday, we had Mother's Day celebration at home. Ordered a whole bunch of seafood and spent the whole afternoon de-freezing them and cutting them apart. Mr. A was responsible of shucking the oysters, there were 8 pieces each of 4 types, and he broke zero out of the 32! That makes me so proud of him, a first-timer. (Hail youtube, as we find this extremely helpful tutorial!) My sister also made potato salad, and we ended the evening with slices of New York Cheesecakes. The place I shopped at was Ocean Party, the set I picked was party for 8, and the cake was from John and Jills. Their food choices are amazing, prices aren't crazy, and delivery was well-packed and on-time. Highly recommend!
3. Lesson Learnt
As spending ban moves into the forty/fifty days mark. I am getting more at ease.
Distracting attention from make up and skin care to beauty treatments seems to help. Besides extending my lashes, I'm now looking for manicure/pedicure places. My friend W recommended Laka, which I haven't tried and is interested in visiting.
Of course, quality time (and food) spent with family is always a win-win solution to beauty spending. I spent several Tom Ford palettes worth of cash on the food! XD
4. Wants or Wishes
I will write these down weekly, and after the 100 day spending ban I will look back and see what I really will buy. I suppose this is a good way to see how unnecessary some of my desires are...! I am limiting myself to add one wish per day only, is that considered self-control, too?
- MAC Eyeshadow - Charcoal Brown, Ricepaper, Naked Lunch, Copperplate
- Yuan Revitalizer (Snail and Rose - the perfect concoction! Yuan's review)
- Give and Give Aqua La Beau (Yuan's review)
- Give and Give Venus Lotion (all over face/body lotion - Yuan's review) Can't you tell I'm a huge fan of Yuan!?!?
1. Blog Sale is updated! Please go and have a look. Link in the tab on your top left, or this link. I am really desperate in clearing out my stash. If something catches your eye, pop me an email or comment, perhaps you can take them cheaper than listed. ;)
2. Recap of last week's posts: Some Glama-items I picked up before, and after the start of 100 Day Spending Ban - great deals. Beginning of yet another Project 10 Pan, this time I'll be doing it alone. Take a look at what came along with my Real Techniques brushes, some are actually edible!
3. Jacq's Journal: Inspired by some Taiwan bloggers, doing a monthly journal which I'll update from time to time; I know I can do it on facebook or twitter or instagram, but my blog is where I belong - therefore I'm documenting it here.
3. I am planning to do a sneaky overseas MAC order with the help of my friend T. The order will probably mostly consist of brushes (not counted as make up or skin care), but are there any make up or skin care you recommend me to try out?
BlogLovin ♥ Twitter ♥ Facebook ♥ Google+ ♥ Instagram
Lazy silly Jacq :")
Do you celebrate Mother's Day on the second Sunday of May, or like us, in advance, or even on another day?
Lazy silly Jacq :")