I am not new to beauty swapping. Multiple times I am spoilt with overjoyed, but also, sometimes I'm underwhelmed. I tend not to expect too much from my swap partner; if they put in time and effort and money to sent it out, I'm grateful. (I have had at least 3 unpleasant experience with not receiving my part in the swap...)
When Traci contacted me on instagram, which, by the way, is an amazing platform really, I intended to custom-purchase for her only. We have been followers and likers of each other for a while but I am not sure if our relationship can proceed to swap partners. :P Anyway, I'm glad I took the step and arranged this swap with her. Because, if anything, I'm definitely in swappers-guilt-heaven; she sent way more than I expected, and made what I sent her seemed nothing!
Bite and Buxom (and Hourglass)
I requested several particular things from Sephora, namely from Bite and Buxom. Bite Beauty is a new brand to me. I have only heard it from Kate (Drivel about Frivol), where she swatched and featured several. Their lip product range is awesome and I do not know where to start. I am so glad Traci can hunt down the big palette with 3 treatment and 9 colour for me. That is some great thing to play with and try out! Buxom made some value sets on Sephora where one can get several products bundled at a discount. I want the lipgloss and lipstick so I went ahead and ask for some; and I got more! I have been wearing the Dani Lip Polish and Sydney Lip Stick non-stop. They feel amazingly minty and fresh on, and smell deliciously milk/caramel candy-like. Finally, there's the Hourglass liquid lipstick in a rosy bridal pink. It adds so much elegance to the face, really beautiful. Not too sure about how to describe the texture yet, I'll come back to talk about it when time comes.
- Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil - Tart
- Bite Beauty Lush Lip Tint - Watermelon
- Bite Beauty Luminous Lip Library
- Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Polish - Dani
- Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Stick - Sydney
- Buxom Amplified Lash Mascara with expandable brush - Loud Black
- Buxom Insider Eyeliner - Onyx
- Buxom Stay-There Eyeshadow - Pug
- Hourglass Opague Rouge - Rose
The Best Argan Oil?
I have heard many times the big beautiful name of Josie Maran on youtube, or blogs. Never tried them before though. I have tested out the Cleansing Oil once, it smells a little like cough medicine (?), but the effect on the skin is good. The Wipes I have used two or three pieces, so far, so good. The best out of the bunch must be the Lip Treatment. I use this green apple little pot overnight, and my lips are really better feeling and looking the day after!
- Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil
- Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil
- Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes (Travel Size)
- Josie Maran Argan Lip Treatment
More Make Up (and some Skin Care)
Most of these I have only briefly tried. One definite favourite which I used and loved is the Estee Lauder ANR. Another new favourite is the Cargo Blush. I will leave you with the names and pictures of the rest. Comment below if you want to read more or see more of any particular items!
- Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Silk Eyeshadow (colour name blurred...)
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF20 - Nude
- Ben Nye Concealer Creme 12-Color Palette NKP-12
- Cargo Blush/Highlighter - Peach
- Lancome Color Design French Touch Sensational Effects Eye Shadow Quad Smooth Hold - Amorous, Mannequin, Kitten Heel, Entrancing
- MAC Softsparkle Eye Pencil - Iris Accents
- Laura Mercier Eye Liner - Black Ebony
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Golden Blonde Brow Powder Duo-II
- Brazilian Peel Clear Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment
- Sephora Instant Moisturizer if you only try one
- Wet n Wild Fergie CenterStage Collection Photo Op Eyeshadow - Desert Festival
- Stila Stay All Day 10-in-1 HD Bronzing Beauty Balm
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream
- Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter