|Time flies! My 10th Glamabox already~|
Another week has gone, did I break any rules? What have I learnt?
1. A Recap
- No spending on ANY make up or skin care. No exceptions. I do welcome free gifts or samples though. Note: during this span I shall have
at least 3 Glamaboxes(all arrived!) coming in, so that can keep me entertained!
- Every single day I survive this ban, I will put HK $100 into my Fun Fund. When the ban is over, I can treat myself well (perhaps some
Burberry or GuerlainTom Ford make up??). :D
- My 100 Day Spending Ban starts on 1st of April and shall end on 9th of July.
2. Fun Fund (this decade: 10 - 19 June)
$5,800 + $900
i) 14th June:
Made a small-ish skin care order from Base Formula. Have been reading so much great sharing from meowycrystal, yuan, arora, etc, I had to give it a go. Haul/review coming up soon! ;)
ii) 17th June:
Made an iHerb order mainly for my family, gluten-free snacks for my nephews-in-law, and more Reviva Labs spot creams for my mum. The results on her brown spot is really significant, may need to do a post on that later! (didn't buy any skin care or make up for myself - great job)
iii) 18th June:
Restocked on Nanogen shampoo and conditioner for Mr. A as that's really making his hair grow denser. Again, review shall come soon - I have so many unfinished drafts hanging around. You can read my previous review on the NanoFibre. If you're from HK or Macau, use code BEAUTYSKETCHREADER for 10% off the HK online shop.
3. Lesson Learnt
Thanks to all my friends generous support - the past decade of days have been so far, so good! Sam, who sent me loads of UK make up, and Nat, who sent me the Helenere "golden drops".
Also - shopping for family does serve the 'retail therapy' purpose. No need to buy un-necessity for myself to feel good, getting things for others help, a lot, too!
4. Wants or Wishes
I will write these down weekly, and after the 100 day spending ban I will look back and see what I really will buy. I suppose this is a good way to see how unnecessary some of my desires are...! I am limiting myself to add one wish per day only, is that considered self-control, too?
Eyescream Gel Eyeliner "Chocolate" "Black Coffee" (spotted these in local Sasa stores, priced at $88, very reasonable!)
Eyescream Liquid Eyeliner "Black" "Brown" (produced by MSH Labo, these have been much raved about)
Base Formula Aloe Vera and Seaweed Gel (this is one thing I didn't order but I'll make sure my cousin share some with me)
Laura Mercier Mineral Illuminating Powder "Candlelight" (featured in Intothegloss)
Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (featured in almost every blog/youtube!)
Dior Creme de Rose Lip Balm
Clarins Gentle Exfoliant Brightening Toner (I need a replacement of my finished SKII Clear Lotion, an exfoliating toner)
Biologique Recherche P50 (I have emailed the local distributor but they never replied my email - yes I have gone that far to hunting this down... I wish I can buy one to try! Apparently they have various version, P50, P50V and P50W. Caroline blogged about this and drove every skin care fanatic crazy. I'd link Chelsea's blog though, because I like her style.)
a. Shop my stash! Blog Sale!
b. Recap of recent posts:
- New month, new Jacq's Journal for June!
- Face Mask Review featuring a bunch of Snail masks - the last episode of snail!
- My third last Glamabox has arrived - with great old friends and some new ones.
- Some make up bits I purchased from a blog sale. See which pretty MAC blush I acquired!
- An amazing prize parcel from Sam - she loves spoiling me.
- Last but not least, looks I wore for a photo-shoot featured in the very popular Taiwan Pre-wedding post. You get to see Mr. A in his full suit gear! :D