Tuesday, 31 March 2015
I've been shopping. You know it very well if you follow me on instagram. Properly taking pictures of them and blogging can be tedious but somehow, I managed to get this post typed, hurray!
I also decided to photograph the fashion bits I bought in the same week so here you go, a little beauty and fashion (even lingerie?) haul. Do comment below if you want me to showcase more non-beauty bits, I may feel less reluctant next time.
From H&M I picked up two pair of shorts because I have honestly none. The denim pair was hk$99 and the soft cotton ones hk$79.90. The green shirt on the right is Baby Roma's, picked it up from Marks & Spencer for hk$99 (marked down from $229). Thomas socks were a gift, from the shop I got the white jeggings below.
Monday, 30 March 2015
|Nicholas & Bears romper + Next bib + Robeez shoes|
Baby Roma was officially 6 month old last Friday, the 20th March.
This is late, as per usual, not what I wished but what I managed.
I intended to do a 5 month one too, but failed, but that doesn't matter, right?
Let's crack on immediately, for he's gonna wake up in no time!
Friday, 27 March 2015
Weeks ago, my skin looked like crap and I was in a foundation frenzy. Purchased several, including Make Up Forever HD (my shade is 117) and EX1 F100 (more on that below). Honor lent me her YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation - or I bullied her to hand me, whatever - in shade B 10 Beige (definitely matched to her skin tone not mine). This post is a very random first impression on the Youth Liberator, performed on a gloomy day, just because baby allowed me to. Thank you Roma, I appreciate that!
I will try to type as fast as possible so that this post do not have to wait till 2016 to get published... Stay tuned till the end for a bonus FOTD. ;)
EX1 is supposed to be designed for skin with olive undertone, my DW is in Sand, and the Youth Liberator is in B10Beige, hence the post title~
Wednesday, 25 March 2015
My family doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, same as a good majority of locals, but that doesn't stop me from taking advantage of the massive Black Friday + Cyber Monday Sale 2014 that was going on in North America. I made Tao do some shopping for me and here are what she managed to hunt down for me. #eternallygrateful
Saturday, 21 March 2015
Kind of expected.
And here are some revelations:
1. I like to switch up my products. Even though I can force myself to use certain make up over and over again, I just don't feel happy after a few times. What's the point of buying so many and not enjoying all of them?
2. Some items are meant to be rotated. The skin care I picked was a good selection that suited the weather, but still, the need of my skin still changes day by day so I have to switch things in and out.
3. Something are not meant to be finished within a short period of time. E.g. the Origins Serum really is a huge bottle and despite me trying to incorporate it into my routine nearly daily if not twice daily, it is still going strong. Same goes with quite a lot of my other things...
4. If aim of these projects is to feel satisfaction by using up products, to me, hitting pan, e.g. with the Chantecaille (almost, not yet), is very fulfilling, and adequate; I do not need using up a product entirely to achieve such contentment.
5. Budget items, or cheap stuff, do not motivate me to use up as easily as the more expensive stuff. E.g. the Parado brow and Solone eye pencil are great stuff but I just feel less, or not, guilty if I don't use them at all and attempt at other alternatives.
6. I may attempt Project Make a Dent #projectMAD in the remaining months of the year. One month is really too short to do any type of Project Pan. Sara is doing this for 2015 and I'm contemplating to join.
So, I photographed the 10 items in order of descending frequency of usage (left to right), during January and a good chunk of Feb. I don't have much to add, but if you've got questions or anything regarding project-x-pan, etc, to share, feel free to leave them below!